[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - *NOW* is the time to contact legislators to end 'Posting'

*NOW* is the time to contact legislators to end 'Posting'

Forum section for the discussion of pending Tennessee legislation and proposed legislation.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

*NOW* is the time to contact legislators to end 'Posting'

Postby cajunman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:29 pm

AS anyone who read or watches the news there is a 'urgent' push to empower military personal to carry weapons when at work in public recruitment facilities.
This is an opportunity to shout 'Why Just Them?".
Below is a LTE I want to send to the KNS (Knoxville News Sentinel tomorrow. I am hoping to get published by Sunday and while the subject is still hot.
Please review and make suggestions. But realize that the KNS knows and does not particularly like me on guns or other conservative issues.
Note that I intentionally kept it as short and to the point as possible, hoping the small size will enhance it likelihood of being published.

ALSO: Please, be encouraged to write your own LTE, lets make this a firestorm with large public support. It can not, will not happen otherwise.
You have my permission to use my LTE, I just suggest/request that you change it up, make it 'yours'. Also this way the media does not see these letters as 'boilerplate'.

Ray Bergeron

===========================================================================================

End Criminal Empowerment Zones.
As the recent tragic shooting in Chattanooga clearly demonstrates those with criminal intent do not obey the law, or signs.

Both military recruitment centers were ‘gun-free-zones’ and clearly posted as such.

What this did was announce to any and all who intend to commit a crime that they would receive no resistance from anyone inside, as all inside were law-abiding and legally disarmed.

This is called being a ‘soft target’, which all with criminal intent desire and look for.

It’s notable that ALL mass-shootings, those with 5 or more victims, were committed in ’gun-free-zones’.

The Colorado theater shooter planned his attack with written 1st priority to ‘Case the location’, then chose the only theater that was ‘posted’. He actually drove past 6 other theaters that were closer and larger to commit his planned tragedy.

According to a DOJ study criminals fear armed citizens more than police.

I am not saying we should arm every public venue, but I am saying we should remove the surety that criminal’s get that the chosen targets are defenseless. Let’s take away this empowerment that ‘posted’ properties provide to criminals.

Pass legislation removing the ‘posting’ privilege; stop the false sense of being safe in a ‘posted’ property when in-fact being in a posted property increases the probability of being a victim.

Only law-abiding citizens obey the law.

End Criminal Empowerment Zones, End ‘Gun-Free-Zones’.

Raymond Bergeron

Powell
cajunman

Re: *NOW* is the time to contact legislators to end 'Posting

Postby Mousegun » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:17 am

And I would like to go one step further. NOW is the time to change the law and make it like some other states where a sign, that removes our right to self protection, no longer carries the weight of the law with its consequences, as we have here in Tennessee.

If a proprietor sees a gun, asks the carrier to leave and the person refuses, then and only then, should he be subject to a trespassing or disturbing the peace charge.

Don't get me wrong, I get the "owner makes the rules" argument, but when in a public place, I feel the Constitution trumps the ability of a proprietor to remove my Second Amendment rights. It is simply a matter of what you believe weighs more. Some states put the weight on the document and wrote their laws as such.
Bob R.
Mousegun

Postby Idahoser » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:07 pm

the right, itself, SHALL NOT be infringed. The words are clear.
Idahoser

Postby Fred762 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:55 am

[/size]
Fred762

Postby gramps » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:38 pm

The reason they don't advertise their church is because "they are afraid of Christians". Just as cockroaches scurry from light.
gramps
gramps

Return to Legislation - STATE