My letter to senator and reps.

Forum section for the discussion of pending Tennessee legislation and proposed legislation.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

My letter to senator and reps.

Postby kop2121 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Gentlemen,

Please reconsider the parking lot bill for us property owners and firearm owners. I understand you received an email from a man named Bob Pope. He DOES NOT have the same viewpoint as most Tennesseans. Please tell me what is wrong with law abiding citizens having their privately owned legal firearm locked in their own vehicle in a private or public parking lot?

Do you realize that there are people out there with drugs in their cars? Is that legal? What about alcohol? Is it legal to drink and drive? I know these are far fetching examples but who knows what is in another persons car?

Think about this. When there is a shooting anywhere, the shooter has a weapon that was probably purchased illegally, is carrying it illegally and probably would not have been there IF he knew there might be someone there with a legal firearm.

Would the shooter at Fort Hood had committed the murders if he knew all the soldiers around him had been armed? Almost all of the crimes could probably have been prevented if the assailant had known that he might not have been the only one armed.

REMEMBER. When you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them..

Please suspend the rules and let ALL the Senators and Representatives vote on these bills.

Sincerely,

Kirby Powell
Jackson, TN
kop2121

Re: My letter to senator and reps.

Postby Ron W » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Thanks, Kirby. Well-said!

And what other rights are employers allowed to violate within the vehicles of their employees when they park on their premises?
Ron W

Return to Legislation - STATE