[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Bob Pope's comments re: property rights over personal rights

Bob Pope's comments re: property rights over personal rights

Forum section for the discussion of pending Tennessee legislation and proposed legislation.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Bob Pope's comments re: property rights over personal rights

Postby Ron W » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:25 am

"I and I believe most Tennesseans believe a private property owner has the right to make his own rules and regulations concerning his own personal real property rights as long as his rules do not violate existing federal or state law. For an example I believe I can post my personal property with a sign that says no one wearing a blue shirt can enter my property. I realize this would be a silly rule, but I am still an American and I have the right to be as silly or foolish on my own property as I so desire. It is not the right or obligation of the state of Tennessee to pass laws to regulate what rule a property owner can or can not enforce on his own property."

Bob Pope may be able to enforce his "silly rule" over someone entering his establishment, but may he enforce it over them while they are still within their vehicle? may wear the banned "blue shirt" within my vechicle, but I'll take it off or change when I come into your establishment. So Bob misses the point that the Safe Employee Commute bill is re: exercising one's rights according to Article I, Sections 7and 26 WITHIN THEIR VEHICLE that they may exercise their umerated right to armed self-defense during their workplace commute, not IN THE WORKPLACE.
Ron W

Re: Bob Pope's comments re: property rights over personal ri

Postby Ron W » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:41 am

Bob Pope also wrote, "To continue to suceed please stay united in purpose and leadership. There is strength in unity and defeat in individualism. You must function as a team, stay united and suceed beyond your wildest dreams. John Harris wants Speaker Harwell defeated so he can have more power. If he wants to make laws he should run for office. Please stand behind Beth Harwell, Ron Ramsey and Gov. Haslam and show unity in the Republican party. Please support Mitt Romney for President." In his follow-up, he writes thatt "Harris seems to have a problem understanding how the two-party system works".

Bob, we may currently have two parties dominating our State Legislature, but the State Constitution ALWAYS trumps party and persons. We are to be a nation and state of law, not of men and women. Get back to basics, Bob. You always claimed to be a Constitutional Conservative, so let's CONSERVE our written U.S. and State Constitutions, not temporary PUBLIC SERVANTS of who may currently hold "leadership" positions. If Tennessee Legislators are not leading us according to the WORDING of our State Constitution TO WHICH THEY TOOK AN OATH, then at that point they are not to be followed or supported.
Ron W

Postby Ron W » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 am

This quotation sums up my replies to Bob Pope's comments re: always supporting a "two party system", our Republican Gov, Lt Gov, House Speaker and presumptive Republican presidential nominee:

"It would be a dangerous delusion were a confidence in the men of our choice to silence our fears for the safety of our rights... Confidence is everywhere the parent of despotism. Free government is founded in jealousy, and not in confidence. It is jealousy and not confidence which prescribes limited constitutions, to bind down those whom we are obliged to trust with power... Our Constitution has accordingly fixed the limits to which, and no further, our confidence may go... In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution." --Thomas Jefferson: Draft Kentucky Resolutions, 1798. ME 17:388
Ron W

Postby Sky King » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:11 am

Right now may not be the best time for me to be posting. I am not happy with what could be transpiring today in the General Assembly at the direction of Governor Haslam. I called the Governor's office and advised them of my "feeling".

As for Bob Pope. Bob is carrying out the acts of a desperate, lonely man. As he ages, with no family, he needs health care and he is doing everything he can to court the leglative leadership to get a government job. If I were to be asked to see things his way, I would have to say that I can not as I can't get my head that far up Ron Ramsey's ass. He will say anything and kiss anybody's ass to get a state job which will give him a state funded health package. He is getting older and he know it and health costs just go up as we get older.

His comments in his latest email about my ability to park elsewhere do nothing but display his total lack of knowlege about the circumstances in Memphis. Of the secured lots in the airport area surrounding the FedEx facilities, only ONE is on a public street that allows for parking. ALL the others do NOT allow parking on the street and any parking elsewhere would be a considerable distance away. (oh by-the-way, the lot I park in is NOT on the street that allows parking.) Bob is a liar. But then again, desperate men do desperate things.
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby TacticaLogic » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Well... Here it goes...

It has been over a year since I last posted to this forum... My last post was in defense of my new state representative, Sheila Butt, who was being accused of being the "one vote" that elected Beth Harwell to be Speaker of the House. You know... That secret ballot that someone just happened to have the "inside information" on. The accusations and inferrals were fueled by information from a "very credible source." I still have no proof, but I think I know who that "credible source" probably was... That is the reason I am posting on this particular thread. It seems appropriate considering the subject matter. People are not always who you believe them to be, and some people are not who you are told they are.

In my last post, I stated that I would return once my representative had a voting record. She does now - and it has been pro-2nd amendment. She sponsored the campus carry legislation (that was squashed at the hands of the governor's office and with aid from Ramsey) and has voted with us on the issues... So why am I back? Because I think some people are starting to see a certain individual for who he really is (this statement is not in any way directed at you personally Sam). To be completely honest, I quit attending the Nashville Chapter meetings because there was a certain portion in attendance that seemed to be made up of the "Bob Pope Admiration Society"... What I mean by that is, in my opinion, some (not all) folks thought every word out of Bob's mouth was the gospel. It was sickening to me... I had personally experienced a situation that proved that idea to not be true, and had witnessed his reaction when he was called out on it. Hell hath no fury like a man trapped between the truth (and the witnesses to it) and his reaching of his own self-serving goals. In my opinion and experience, when things don't go Bob's way, he will set out to tear you down with whatever means he has available. Who would have, just 4 years ago, thought Bob would have depicted TFA, and even more so, John Harris, as he has in his letters? I believe that with Bob, it's always just about Bob and everything else be damned...

Now here we are a year and a half down the road from the 2010 elections, and my how the wind direction has changed (again) for Bob. I think it is funny how he claims to be a life long Republican that has always supported Republicans... Can you remember the McWhorter endorcement? Yeah I thought so, too. It is too bad for Bob that other folks don't suffer the memory loss that he would appreciate. After his all-out, Katy-bar-the-door assault on Sheila Butt during the 2010 election, including verbal tirades on the radio and spending money out of his own pocket to place ads in our local Columbia paper in support of her liberal Democrat encumbant opponent, Bob thinks that people forget. He actually went up to Sheila recently and tried to hug her saying they should "let by-gones be by-gones". This is the same man that said she was a liar on his radio program... But now that he is wanting something for himself (publicity and perhaps a state job with its benefits) he wants that to be forgotten. I guess he was counting on The Tennessee Patriot revenues to take care of him in his old age and now he is having to resort to "plan B."

BTW: Did people get refunds for the unfulfilled portion of their subscription to "The Tennessee Patriot"? Just wondering...

Mike
For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Postby Markus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:17 pm

I read this email today. I now consider Bob Pope to be a complete enemy of Gun Rights and the 2nd Amendment. He has an illogical mind with spiteful hateful ignorance running his mind.
If he is still a member of the TFA I would suggest he be immediately be removed and refunded his damn money as he is for all intents and purposes from what I have read an insider "spy" for those that wish to further limit and control our 2nd Amendment Rights.

The separation of this organization and this ...man...must be complete and immediate in my opinion, so that legislatures may know without a doubt that Bob Pope is in no way attuned to the views of Gun Rights advocates and is his own self appointed "expert" with his false polling and ignorant words in these letters. The man is ...foolish and his views I know do not coincide with mine and do not coincide with the TFA.

Contrary letters to his uneducated imbecilic statements should be sent immediately and his membership in the TFA should be revoked due to his Gun Control agenda(if it hasn't been already).

He is obviously working AGAINST the cause of Gun Rights not for us or even with us. What is this man thinking? He is out of the Gun business...now he wants to make a scene claiming to be an "expert" on Gun Rights owners with his false poll. He is not for the 2nd Amendment nor does this foolish man understand the 2nd Amendment reading his absurd words. He is just as foolish and ignorant as other anti-gun lobbyists(that he claims not to be, but sure talks a Hell of alot like one).

Kick this travesty named Bob Pope out of our organization.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,(THEREFOR) the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. -2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution
Markus

Postby Markus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:31 pm

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,(THEREFOR) the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. -2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution
Markus

Postby johnharris » Tue May 15, 2012 8:16 am

Bob Pope, as an update, has publicly resigned his life membership in TFA.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby Markus » Wed May 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Markus

Return to Legislation - STATE