[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Lt.Govenor Ramsey reply to "Employee Commute Bills"

Lt.Govenor Ramsey reply to "Employee Commute Bills"

Forum section for the discussion of pending Tennessee legislation and proposed legislation.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Lt.Govenor Ramsey reply to "Employee Commute Bills"

Postby 2ndtonone » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:08 am

I share your frustration. As the prime sponsor of Tennessee's original handgun
carry permit law, I have always been a strong supporter of the Second Amendment.
This session, I have been working hard with members of both chambers to try and
pass a bill which balances both gun owners' right to bear arms as well as
business owners' right to control their own property.

I support making it legal for handgun carry permit holders to keep their guns in
their car in most public parking lots. The problem we face is coming up with a
definition of truly public parking lots that respects both property and gun
rights. While we may not be successful this session, I hope you will continue to
speak out in favor of our right to bear arms as I work towards a resolution to
this issue.

Sincerely,

Lt. Governor Ron Ramsey
1 Legislative Plaza
Nashville, Tennessee 37243
(615) 741-4524

He forgot our / We already have the Tennessee Constituion, Article 1, Section 26 ! I have seen and herd enough of his double talk. We need to replace him with another Lt. Govenor period. Enough Said...
2ndtonone

Re: Lt.Govenor Ramsey reply to "Employee Commute Bills"

Postby Ron W » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 am

What other rights and their exercise may property owners ban INSIDE THE VEHICLE of an employee who parks on the property of his business? Doesn't Article I, Section 7 cover my vehicle as a personal effect and being free to carry the means to defend my person within it according to Article I, Section 26? I'm wondering if our Legislative "leadership" ever actually consults that to which they take an oath.
Ron W

Postby 1gewehr » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:12 pm

What damages can a land-owner possibly have that would compare with the loss of your life? I have yet to hear a single argument showing how a land-owner would suffer any damages as a result of this bill.
Nemo me impune lacessit
1gewehr

Postby johnharris » Tue May 15, 2012 8:11 am

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby johnharris » Tue May 15, 2012 8:12 am