Another letter

Forum section for the discussion of pending Tennessee legislation and proposed legislation.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Another letter

Postby benburke » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:27 am

Dear Speaker Harwell and Representative McCormick,

Since I sent my original email to you, there was a news story in Chattanooga's Times Free Press (and posted by John Harris on the TFA Facebook page).

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012 ... ers/?local

It's disgusting that our state legislators will bow down to the corporate cash and forget what they are elected to do! They may as well carry a sign that says, "Citizens have rights but we will sell them!"

I strongly urge you to vote FOR HB-3560. Please look at similar legislation in other states. Don’t confuse property rights with a parking lot! When you increase the places and the situations where citizens with handgun carry permits can legally carry their guns, you increase the safety of every citizen. How much is our safety worth to you? Is it worth $79,484 to Speaker Harwell? Gerald, is the safety of Tennessee’s citizens worth $65,100?

Sincerely,

Ben Burke
Last edited by benburke on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
benburke

Re: Another letter

Postby Sky King » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:36 am

Good letter. I can't remember if I saw it here or on another forum something that suggested that all politicians should be required to wear suits like NASCAR drivers that have patches and logos from all their corporate sponsors so all could see just who "owns" them.
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Return to Legislation - STATE