My letter concerning the Safe Commute bills

Forum section for the discussion of pending Tennessee legislation and proposed legislation.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

My letter concerning the Safe Commute bills

Postby Sky King » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:44 pm

I am asking you to co-sponsor SB3002/HB3560 the Safe Parking Lot bill. This is a top issue for me in 2012.

We, the gun owners of Tennesse have been told by the Republicans in the House that we could count on them. We have been told that they are the best friends we could have. Well last year we sat back and only asked for one bill, a parking lot protection bill and the Republicans did not hold true to that committment. This year such a bill is holding up well in The Senate but again the Republican leadership in the House is making us wonder if with such "friends" I would hate to meet my enemies.

Even in the Democrat led House, we were able to get good common sence legislation passed. Now it is time to wonder if we the gun owners of Tennessee were wrong to throw our support behind the Republicans in the last election.

This is good legislation. It has bi-partisan support. Stand up and with the courage to have your vote recorded. Let this bill come to the floor.

Sam Cooper
Memphis Tennessee
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Return to Legislation - STATE