[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - What are TFA's issues for 2012 and beyond?

What are TFA's issues for 2012 and beyond?

Forum section for the discussion of pending Tennessee legislation and proposed legislation.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

What are TFA's issues for 2012 and beyond?

Postby SubVetSS522 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Read in the remarks in the, “TFALAC End of Season Report”. The paragraph titled, “What are TFA's issues for 2012 and beyond?”, one issue in particular caught my eye.

Require that gun ranges which are built or supported with tax dollars be made open to the public when not in active use by law enforcement.

I live inside the city limits of Lawrenceburg, TN. Discharging firearms in the city is not allowed; therefore I have to drive 90 miles round trip and to pay to use a private range and then I can only use it when the range isn't having a members event.

I have a HCP and carry concealed most of the time. I need a convenient place to practice my shooting safety and skills. I believe that if you are carrying a firearm that you must be proficient in its use. I started shooting when I was 3 years old, my Dad helped a lot, and taught me about firearm safety.

Now here’s the kicker. The city of Lawrenceburg operates their firing range and it’s only 5 miles from my home. The FOP also has a range 5 miles from my home. I have approached both the city and the FOP about opening their range to HCP holders, for all the good reasons listed above.

Both tell me that they looked into opening their ranges but will not because of the following reasons.

1. They would have to purchase a $1 million liability policy and they don’t have the funds to do that.
2. They would have to have a qualified “range master” on site during the time the range is open and they don’t have the funds to do that.
3. The increased firing (range noise) would make the neighbors angry.
4. The maintenance cost of the range (cleaning up and removing casings) would increase and they don’t have the funds for that.

Now here’s the rest of my story. I drive into the county and ask farmers for permission to shoot and the answer is; no, no, and no.

I do agree that opening ranges to the public is a worth while initiative a wanted to share some of the problems in front of it................end
SubVetSS522

Re: What are TFA's issues for 2012 and beyond?

Postby ProguninTN » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:02 pm

On the front of this page, under the news section, there is a wrap of 2011 accomplishments. It is stated that mandating that tax-subsidized ranges be open to the public when not being used by governmental agencies is a future goal.

http://www.tfaonline.org/index.php/news ... s_a_start/
ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Return to Legislation - STATE