Proper Signage - we need uniforminity

Forum section for the discussion of pending Tennessee legislation and proposed legislation.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Proper Signage - we need uniforminity

Postby RobertNashville » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:30 am

Although the issue of being able to travel and leave our firearms in our locked vehicle in any parking lot (including "employee parking lots", etc. is still of the utmost importance to me (re: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3291 ) it's becoming very apparent to me, based on several posts her (such as in the "Posted Property" section) as well as signs I've see, that another matter that is going to have to be addressed in some fashion is the issue of what kind of sign; what is can/must say and where it is to be posted.

If HCP holders are going to be held accountable if they carry in a "posted" property; it is only right and fair that signage should be uniform and EASILY seen and understood...I'm afraid that if this isn't addressed legislatively it will eventually, of necessity, have to be addressed judicially.

I understand that we don't want to unduly burden businesses/property owners with yet new laws but I think that a uniform and easily understood statute is to everyone's benefit.
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Re: Proper Signage - we need uniforminity

Postby wlhawk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:49 am

The business that doesn't prefer the patronage of permit holders should be able to afford a legal sign to inform us that we aren't welcome there.
wlhawk

Return to Legislation - STATE