[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Passage of SB 3012

Passage of SB 3012

Forum section for the discussion of pending Tennessee legislation and proposed legislation.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Re: Passage of SB 3012

Postby GKar » Wed May 19, 2010 6:14 am

John - IIRC, last year the House dealt with the override as "unfinished business": will this be the case again this year? Does the fact that this bill originates from the Senate, rather than the House as was the case last year, change the mechanisms in any way? I thought last year's override was handled in a single sesion by each chamber, but I could be mistaken...or perhaps the activity in the "first" of the two sessions occurs administratively and pretty much out of the public eye?
GKar

Postby johnharris » Wed May 19, 2010 9:04 pm

Override starts in Senate as the originator of this bill - or should. House adopted Senate bill. It takes 2 sessions (with some exceptions) but the 1st one is merely an announcement.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby TNReb » Thu May 20, 2010 11:24 am

TNReb

Postby fl0at » Thu May 20, 2010 11:33 am

fl0at

Postby tnxdshooter » Fri May 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Heard it from my main man yager override could start as early as monday
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
Carry gun 1: Springfield XD 40 4" Stainless Bi-tone
tnxdshooter

Postby tnroadrunner » Thu May 27, 2010 1:20 pm

The Senate overrode the veto I beleive 22 to 10. The House will not reconvene until June 2nd at 2pm. Looks like we have to wait until next week. Hope I have this info right.
tnroadrunner

Postby C. Richard Archie » Thu May 27, 2010 5:21 pm

More than likely it will be Thursday or Friday before it it moved to a vote in the House.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby C. Richard Archie » Thu May 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Voting NO were Berke, Burks, Ford, Harper, Haynes, Henry, Kyle, Marrero, Stewart and Tate who was the switch vote. Roy Herron was absent or not voting, but looks like he was not there, as I captured two other votes and he did not vote on either of them. That was a lost YES vote.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby C. Richard Archie » Fri May 28, 2010 7:34 am

Article posted in Commercial Appeal realtive to override.

Checking the "comments" makes one wonder what planet these folks are on.

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby fl0at » Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 am

fl0at

Postby TacticaLogic » Fri May 28, 2010 12:15 pm

For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Postby johnharris » Fri May 28, 2010 1:18 pm

I do not affirmatively make a decision each time I get in my truck whether or not to put the spare tire in the bed and take it with me.

I do not speculate each time I get in my truck whether I will drive to some place or on some route where I might get a flat and thus may need my spare tire.

I do not knowingly plan my routes when I drive my truck such that I consider whether roads in one area or another are at a greater probability of having glass, bottles, debris or other tire hazards.

When I drive my truck, I accept the risk of having a spare tire and I know its there if I need it, which, frankly is quite unlikely but nonetheless if the circumstances arise where I might need it, its there. Its comfort. Its protection. Its personal responsibility for myself and my family.

Is the decision to carry a firearm for self-defense significantly different? Is your life more important than a flat tire or temporary inability to drive?
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby david_g17 » Sat May 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Spare tires and alcohol don't mix.
david_g17

Previous

Return to Legislation - STATE