[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Virginia will no longer honor Tennessee permits

Virginia will no longer honor Tennessee permits

Forum section for the discussion of pending Tennessee legislation and proposed legislation.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Virginia will no longer honor Tennessee permits

Postby carrytennessee » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:44 pm

I hope the State of Tennessee will appeal this decision to the Virginia Attorney General. In the meantime, Tennesseans who travel to or through Virginia need to be aware of this.

carrytennessee

Re: Virginia will no longer honor Tennessee permits

Postby wintroub » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:13 am

I emailed my state rep Tim Hill and my state senator Ron Ramsey:

"I'm hearing and reading a lot about not being able to carry my handgun (concealed) in Virginia as of February 1, even though I have a TN permit to carry. However, none of the media accounts I've run across specify just what Virginia Attorney General Herring finds deficient in Tennessee's permit requirements.

Please find out what Herring's concern is and introduce legislation to fix whatever his problem is. Although I'm willing to carry openly when I travel to Virginia, as will continue to be allowed, I prefer to conceal my handgun wherever I am.

Thank you."

Per usual, no acknowledgement from Ramsey but here's Hill's reply:

"Terry,
Thank you for your email. I am certain that when we reconvene in January, the Legislature will deal with VA one man decision.
My hope is that their Legislature will fix this quickly.
Have a good day,

Timothy"

My current plan is to confirm with VA state police and law enforcement in the parts of VA that I frequent (Damascus, Abingdon, Bristol) that their cops and dispatchers are aware that non-resident open carry is and will remain legal come February 1.

Terry
wintroub

Re: Virginia will no longer honor Tennessee permits

Postby Fred762 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:44 am

CCW website still has VA as reciprocal. I plan to do as I always do.....carry concealed and defend myself as usual...
Good grief folks have got DCitis waaay too bad
Fred762

Return to Legislation - STATE