[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Passage of SB 3012

Passage of SB 3012

Forum section for the discussion of pending Tennessee legislation and proposed legislation.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Re: Passage of SB 3012

Postby marauder » Tue May 18, 2010 8:05 am

it's Tuesday the 18th and by my count unless there is a veto today then we will be legal to protect our families in restarants tomorrow!
proud law abiding, gun owning citizen :)
marauder

Postby tnxdshooter » Tue May 18, 2010 8:19 am

I have not heard anything. I bet bredesen waits until the last minute to veto.
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
Carry gun 1: Springfield XD 40 4" Stainless Bi-tone
tnxdshooter

Postby TNReb » Tue May 18, 2010 9:36 am

There are some posts under "Restaurant Carry Bill" over at TGO Forum where people are calling Speaker Williams' and Rep. Todd's offices to check on this. The consensus there seems to be that yesterday (Monday) was the last day for a veto and that since Bredesen is in China, he cannot veto from there. Someone was supposed to be checking and calling back, so I will try to post if I hear anything else.
TNReb

Postby johnharris » Tue May 18, 2010 9:53 am

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby C. Richard Archie » Tue May 18, 2010 11:40 am

Seems to me that the intrigue is purposeful, and borders on being petty. (Across the border actually, but still within sight I suppose).

Could be construed as Intentional infliction of emotional distress.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby TNReb » Tue May 18, 2010 11:48 am

I have now posted over at TGO as you suggested, John. One guy over there is saying he talked to Jennifer in the Governor's legal department and she advised the time began to run on the 7th and today is the last day for a veto. She would not give any information about whether there was going to be a veto or not, but invited him to call back later for updates. While I hate to pass along rumors, some on that board are saying that they have talked to some of the legislators' offices and the word going around the Hill is that Bredesen is going to have one of his aides deliver a veto today.
TNReb

Postby david_g17 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Here's a link to the TGO source:

(it's a 105 page thread as of now) :!:
david_g17

Re: Passage of SB 3012 VETOED!!! by a Coward!!!

Postby TacticaLogic » Tue May 18, 2010 2:45 pm

According to , the governor has vetoed the bill... It does not show a physical copy of the veto, but shows the date as of today.

Such a smarmy little coward. Carpetbagger Phil... Carpetbaggers are the same today as they were 145 years ago... SCUM!!!

Mike
For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Postby marauder » Tue May 18, 2010 2:57 pm

well jackass vetoed it, now we wait for the override. i'm in a great mood today because i know that no matter how much of an idiot that imbredesen is freedom will prevail.
proud law abiding, gun owning citizen :)
marauder

Postby gotigers » Tue May 18, 2010 3:02 pm

is there time to override the veto this session?
gotigers

Postby johnharris » Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 pm

There is time.
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby david_g17 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Find your state legislators and their contact information here:

(Just enter your street address and your city)
david_g17

Postby david_g17 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Text of veto:

Love the last line.
david_g17

Postby tnxdshooter » Tue May 18, 2010 4:29 pm

This is what I sent to the governor while at work after getting email confirmation from him that he vetoed the bill. I had to shorthand it from the blackberry.

U sir turn my stomach. I will be glad when we get a republican governor in there. I would expect this from someone such as yourself that grew up in the communist states of new jersey, new york, and Massachusetts. It will just be over ridden by the senate/house so I am not worried about it.
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
Carry gun 1: Springfield XD 40 4" Stainless Bi-tone
tnxdshooter

Postby TNReb » Tue May 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Ron Ramsey is quoted in the news reports as saying this veto will be overriden next week. I have checked the calendars for the House and Senate. The House has a floor session scheduled for this Thursday, the 20th. Is it possible they could add the override vote to the calendar for that session? There are no other scheduled sessions on the calendar for either the House or the Senate after that.
TNReb

Postby Usagi » Tue May 18, 2010 8:54 pm

I forget... must it be over-ridden in both the House and the Senate... or just one of them?
And if just one chamber - which one?
Usagi

Postby C. Richard Archie » Tue May 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Both houses have to override.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby johnharris » Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 pm

It will take, unless the rules are suspended, probably 2 hearings in each house. Senate, if it moves quickly, can do its override by next Wed. House would get it as soon as the Senate passes it and would take again 2 session days to pass it.

There should be time.

However, we can improve our chances of a swift override if we can convince both houses to "suspend" the rules that require the 2 hearing process in each house so that the matter could be taken up and an override vote had on the first day in each house. We need to get the word out - particularly to the sponsors - to all House and Senate members asking them to suspend the rules and to override the veto on the 1st hearing in each house.
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby TNReb » Tue May 18, 2010 10:25 pm

I have sent the following email to my senator and representative:

I am writing to ask you to do everything you can to speed the process to override the Governor’s veto of SB3012. Specifically, I would ask you to support a suspension of the rules and allow the vote to override the veto on the first hearing, rather than having two hearings.

I thank you for your previous support for this bill and the stand you have taken for protection of law-abiding citizens in the past. I know we can count on your continued support, just as you can count on ours.

Thank you and God Bless!
TNReb

Postby TNReb » Tue May 18, 2010 10:36 pm

I have posted this info on the TGO Forum. Thanks John!
TNReb

PreviousNext

Return to Legislation - STATE