Bullet pulling 101

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Bullet pulling 101

Postby Fred762 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:25 pm

I know there's a buncha guys/gals out there who reload..I'm one & I started 30 years ago w a RCBS Rockchucker and moved on to a Dillon 550 back in the day. Then for various reasons got out of the hobby for 20 years and just got back into it a year ago..to fight the gvt-caused(IMHO) shortage of ammo/ powder. Anyways, i had my original RCBS "hammer-type" inertial puller.. and have found it difficult to use and hard on the ears and the hands..I have arthritis in both hands now. Anyways..I have found the solution to pulling obstreperous bullets..I bought a RCBS "colette type" puller die and have it mounted in a spare tool head for my Dillon 550 press. I put in the proper shell holder plate, slide in the case and raise the ram, tighten the collette, lower the ram and voila' ..bullet pulled w/o noise and little effort and the bullets are not dumped into a bunch of powder!! Daggone thing works great! No more sore hands or loud banging on my loading bench! Aaaahhhh. You of course have to also get the proper colette for the caliber you want to pull.

I primarily use the 9mm/357 colette and there are colettes for every caliber. Aaaaaahhhhh!
Fred762

Re: Bullet pulling 101

Postby KPH » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:31 am

That is about what I do like you never liked swing the hammer
KPH

Re: Bullet pulling 101

Postby Fred762 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Sure has made recovering the cases. powder and bullets easier in my ears and wrists! Aaaaahhhh! ;-)
Fred762

Return to Ammunition and Reloading