Vickerman In-line Seating die

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Vickerman In-line Seating die

Postby C. Richard Archie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:43 am

For the reloader seeking to produce top quality reloads, this is a tool that can aid in that pursuit.

The Vickerman In-line Seating die is a specialized application of technology that enables the reloader to seat bullets, (especially flat based and small caliber) far easier than with normal dies. A "window" is cut into the die body, with a sliding sleeve that supports the case and bullet to preclude tipping and misalignment during the procedure. The bullet is placed from the top as the case is run up into the die, eliminating "pinched" fingers so common with the average seating die configuration.

The dies are produced in a "Standard" and Micrometer configuration, and, can be per caliber, used on various cartridges with the same bore diameter by the addition of available inserts to service multiple case configurations with the same bullet diameter.

Standard Die

Micrometer design.

The concept is not new, has been used by serious bench rest shooters for many years. The line has been purchased by a custom shop to continue it's production, and I can personally vouch for the folks at Gemmell's Machine Works Inc., they have worked with me to produce specialized inserts to handle a couple of my wildcat rounds. Great folks to work with.

http://www.gmwvickerman.com/new_page_1.htm
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Return to Ammunition and Reloading