August Chapter Meeting

A regional chapter in and surrounding Madison County. The Stated Meetings of the West TN Regional Chapter will be held the SECOND Thursday of each month. Location will be the Old Country Store in the Casey Jones Village. Fellowship and meal will begin at 5:30 P.M., program to start promptly at 7:00 P.M.
Meal price is $9.95.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

August Chapter Meeting

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:26 am

I want to thank everybody that came out to attend our first Meeting. The West TN area was well represented. Having to compete with National Night Out, showing the turn out that we did is indicative of the growing sense of urgency on the part of gun owners to raise our voices on behalf of our Rights.

News from various Cities shows that we must be vigilant with respect to those rights. Trenton has pulled a reversal of the Parks Ban, done so in stealth mode, not allowing for input of the populace, just as Lexington's council decided what is "best" taking the MTAS "workup" line as the gospel that is to rule our lives, without input from the Citizens. If we stand mute and accept the Ruling Junta's decrees on this issue, what loss of Freedoms can we expect in the offing?

We had Members from Trenton, Humboldt, Milan and Union City in attendance, along with support from Shelby and Davidson Counties. We have the beginnings of a very active Chapter, strong willed People willing to labor in the effort to protect the Constitutional Rights that we hold so dear, and which are necessary to gift on to our children, and grand children if we expect them to know Freedom as we have. We must foster the growth of our organization, to let the area elected leader know that we intend to hold them accountable for their actions.

I will post in the next few days, the guest for our next meeting. I am close to finalizing that event, and ask that each member that attending our fist event, bring a friend or three. Let's grow the base of advocates for our cause!

I would like to express my gratitude to Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey for making the long trek to speak to our group. Standing in front of us to voice his opinions, allowing us a view of what he believes to be important, and taking questions from the crowd proves his commitment to the Citizens of the State. It made for a long night for him, and I am very appreciative of his effort.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Re: August Chapter Meeting

Postby J A P » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:47 am

It was a very good meeting and the Lt. Governor had a great message for us that seemed to show core beliefs on his part. The guest that I brought with me was very surprised and pleased with what he found there. Like many of us he is common folk who is tired of seeing our rights and freedoms taken away by larger degrees almost daily, who just didn't know where to go to both offer and to get support. He'll be back and will be helping me to get the word out around Trenton.

Oh, and the ribs weren't bad either.

T. Petty
J A P

Postby Butch Butler » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:03 pm

Three of us from Union City/Obion County came to the meeting,Lt.Governor Ramsey seemed willing to listen as well as talk.We talked with several T.F.A. members that were ready to help us build a chapter in our area.Best part was getting to meet the "POPE".
I also agree the ribs were good
B.Butler
Butch Butler

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:19 pm

It is my great pleasure, and privilege to be a part of this group. What we have here is a start on building a presence, letting our elected officials (and those who would like to be) know that we are a force to be reckoned with. That we intend to hold accountable those who would serve, making sure they understand the term. They are not our masters, they work for us. The old adage, that there is strength in numbers is truer now than ever. In the last gubernatorial election, a little over 600,000 + actually voted in that race. With HCP Holder’s approaching the 250,000 mark in Tennessee, which makes us one of the largest "single issue" groups out there.

If we get the word out to the rest of the HCP holders, along with the duck, deer, rabbit, quail and dove hunters, focus them on the fact that that firearms are as Washington said, "the American people's Liberty Teeth and keystone under Independence", and, that none of them from the "Evil Black Rifles" to your Dad's Model 1100 are safe from the grabbers, we will have done our duty to our children, and not until then!

I plan on purchasing several more pairs of boots, as I intend to wear the soles off them in the coming months, climbing on and off the Soap Box, going to the next possible place where one or two people will listen.

Then I intend to vote my convictions, after I have ascertained to the best of my ability the right candidates, those willing to work to preserve the spirit of Liberty and our Constitution. I will support them and put my mark on this society via the Ballot Box.

While doing these things, trying to have time to make sure that my Ammo Box is sufficient for my needs, just as important. "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -George Washington.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Return to West Tennessee Regional