[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - RK Gun Show

RK Gun Show

A regional chapter in and surrounding Madison County. The Stated Meetings of the West TN Regional Chapter will be held the SECOND Thursday of each month. Location will be the Old Country Store in the Casey Jones Village. Fellowship and meal will begin at 5:30 P.M., program to start promptly at 7:00 P.M.
Meal price is $9.95.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

RK Gun Show

Postby C. Richard Archie » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:35 pm

I want to express my gratitude to the Middle TN and Memphis folks that took of their time to come in to Jackson and help with the Gun Show this weekend.

I know how precious the days off from work are, and to witness the level of commitment expended to assist a fledgling Chapter get it's legs under it is greatly appreciated. Getting to watch the pros at their task was an education. We may have to issue a new nickname to "backwoodsman", "bulldog" may be more appropriate. Great Job!

We had a good kick off meeting last night, Bob holding court by itself was worth the trip.

Our new members getting to hear John speak to the goals, and of what TFA wishes to accomplish, seeing the personal endeavor of our compatriots from the rest of the State giving of their time to strengthen and educate us in the proper ways to reach out to our community was of great benefit.

I also want to especially thank George Tubb for the yeoman's service he provided today. He hung in and worked extremely hard.

I believe by any measure, this weekend has been a huge success. We gained many members, had fellowship with like minded new friends, and reached into the surrounding Towns and Cites to build on our efforts to support the 2nd Amendment!

Again, my thanks to all who labored in the cause!
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Re: RK Gun Show

Postby J A P » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:51 am

I would also like to thank John and the others for making the kickoff meeting and you're right Bob's court was worth the trip. Most of all I'm glad I got off my duff and made the meeting and proud to have become a member. I believe this chapter will grow and look forward to doing all I can to help. I have a couple of visitors who would like to come to the next meeting, I got a scolding from one for not telling him about the kickoff.
J A P

Postby Lady Di » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:03 am

Just wanted to let you know we attended the gun show and enjoyed it all, except the pink signs on the doors! We wondered if you might be able to have a representative show up at the city meetings of Martin and Union City.
Here's an e-mail we received from our hand gun instructor and friend, Jamie Spaulding:
Friends the time has come to speak up. The Martin and Union City mayors and aldermen are going to try to ban the carrying of legal firearms by permit holders in local parks.We just beat this bullcrap on the state level and they are going to shove it down our throats locally. Let's stop this in it's tracks. Monday the Martin mayor and board of aldermen will have their meeting to consider this at 5:15 PM. The Union City Mayor and board are meeting Tuesday night. It has already passed informally in Martin, whatever that means. Weakley County permit holders need to be there. Solid citizens with carry permits need to remind city officials that killing sprees happen in places where the law abiding are, by law, unarmed.
Someone also needs to remind them that permit holders are more law-abiding than the public at large. They need to be reminded, as well, that there may be liability issues at stake for the city should a permit holder suffer grave bodily injury or death at the hands of a criminal while disarmed by a city mandate.Here's a newsflash for the uninformed. Because of an improper reference in Tennessee Code Annotated, unless the park has the main entrances posted, the carrying of legal firearms by permit holders in city parks has been, if not legal, certainly not illegal for several years. The ban on firearms in parks and other public recreation areas (sec. 39-17-1311) specifically bans those arms listed in Sec. 39-17-1302a which are:
" (1) An explosive or an explosive weapon;
(2) A device principally designed, made, or adapted for delivering or shooting an explosive weapon;
(3) A machinegun;
(4) A short barreled rifle or shotgun;
(5) A firearm silencer;
(6) A hoax device;
(7) A switchblade knife or knuckles; or
(8) Any other implement for infliction of serious bodily injury or death which has no other common lawful purpose."
Note here that handguns do have a common lawful purpose. The state proved this by issuing handgun permits to allow for self-defense. So since posting became mandatory, if your parks have not been posted, people who know the law have already been carrying there for several years. Can anyone name one instance of trouble this has caused? Let's stop this garbage here and now. Gun Free Zones are an invitation for any maniac to come and slaughter.
Jamie Spaulding
Armed Response Training Academy
PO Box 38 Troy, TN 38260
(731)536-6590
http://www.angelfire.com/tn3/armedresponse/ie Spaulding:

Thanks for all your efforts and keep up the good work! Lady Di & Little Joe
Thanks for
Lady Di

Postby backwoodsman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:23 pm

ruff, ruff,,arf,ruff,ruff arf,ruff,,, that means we all had a great time ourselves.
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Benjamin Franklin
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus (Roman Senator)

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby C. Richard Archie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:11 pm

Our meetings will be open to all, members or not.

I have lined up a some of interesting guest for the first couple of meetings. Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey, candidate for Governor has agreed to be a featured speaker, and Rep. Jimmy Eldridge has also committed to being our guest. As I work out the schedules, I will post them.

I would say that is a pretty fair start for the newest Chapter in the State.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby C. Richard Archie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:17 pm

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Return to West Tennessee Regional