Anti-NRA Movie Planned, Starring Meryl Streep

Reports on state and federal legislators in addition to other public officials who have shown a willingness to ignore the Rights guaranteed under the State and Federal Constitutions

Moderators: SomeGuy, tjbert47

Anti-NRA Movie Planned, Starring Meryl Streep

Postby Tim Nunan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:32 pm

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/anti-nra ... /id/547460

An anti-NRA movie starring Meryl Streep is in the works by progressive Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, who says the drama will make the National Rifle Association "wish they weren’t alive."

"I shouldn’t say this, but I’ll tell it to you, Howard. I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this head-on. And they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them," Weinstein said Wednesday on The Howard Stern Show, The Washington Times reported.

Weinstein, the co-founder of Miramax films and a major contributor to President Barack Obama, told Stern the film will be a "big movie like a 'Mr. Smith Goes to Washington'" – the 1939 classic starring James Stewart and Jean Arthur in which a political novice takes on political corruption in Washington.

According to Weinstein, the purpose of the movie will be to scare people away from firearms, according to the Washington Times, with moviegoers leaving the cinema thinking "Gun stocks — I don’t want to be involved in that stuff. It’s going to be like crash and burn."

When Stern asked Weinstein if he himself owned a gun, the Hollywood producer said he never has.

"I never want to have a gun," Weinstein told Stern. "I don’t think we need guns in this country, and I hate it, and I think the NRA is a disaster area."

Stern asked Weinstein what he would use to defend his family if he were living during the Holocaust, considering both he and Weinstein are Jewish.

Weinstein said there was a justification for using a gun "when you’re marching a half of a million people into Auschwitz."

Nazi Germany largely confiscated its citizenry's guns through a government gun registry in the run-up to World War II, leaving Jewish Germans and other minorities without an ability to defend themselves when the Holocaust began, the Washington Times' Emily Miller pointed out.

In a column penned by Mediaite.com's Joe Concha titled "Harvey’s Hypocrisy," the conservative columnist points out that gun violence is prevalent throughout many of Weinstein's highest grossing films at the box office.

"Pulp Fiction," "Reservoir Dogs," "Django Unchained," "Kill Bill," and "Rambo," are just a few of the films Weinstein has financed over the years, Concha wrote, illustrating the Hollywood producer's "hypocrisy" when it comes to making money for himself and denying law-abiding American citizens their rights.

Weinstein, who according to CelebrityNetWorth.com is worth approximately $150 million, was a major contributor and fundraiser for Obama, having raised more than $500,000 from like-minded Hollywood elites for the president's successful 2012 re-election campaign.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Re: Anti-NRA Movie Planned, Starring Meryl Streep

Postby Fred762 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

Hard to imagine a Jew as being anti-gun. I guess he forgot 1939-1945
Fred762

Return to Second Amendment Offenders