House Dem admits to 'drawing a blank' on Second Amendment

Reports on state and federal legislators in addition to other public officials who have shown a willingness to ignore the Rights guaranteed under the State and Federal Constitutions

Moderators: SomeGuy, tjbert47

House Dem admits to 'drawing a blank' on Second Amendment

Postby Tim Nunan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:51 pm

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/h ... -amendment

Rep. Rubén Hinojosa (D-Texas) on Wednesday forgot what the Second Amendment was when asked about it during a debate in McAllen, Texas.

"I'm drawing a blank on the Second Amendment, but I think it's the weapons, isn't it? The NRA?" he said, according to The Monitor.

After recalling what the Second Amendment is — the right to keep and bear arms — he then went on to say he supports efforts to put limits on it, by blocking access to certain guns.

"Why in the hell do we have to have machine guns? And don't touch that, because NRA will come and put you on the black list," he said. "Well, I didn't go up there to be Mr. Popular. I went up there to do the right thing. To help our community. To protect them."

The Monitor quoted Hinojosa's opponent, Republican Dale Brueggemann, as saying he was "a little surprised" that Hinojosa didn't know what the Second Amendment was right away. Hinojosa said he was thrown off by a quick change in topics during the debate.

One member of the audience was quoted as saying it was "scary" when Hinojosa had trouble remembering the Second Amendment. The amendment reads, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Return to Second Amendment Offenders