[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Bank of America Drops Gun Company for Political Reasons

Bank of America Drops Gun Company for Political Reasons

Reports on state and federal legislators in addition to other public officials who have shown a willingness to ignore the Rights guaranteed under the State and Federal Constitutions

Moderators: SomeGuy, tjbert47

Bank of America Drops Gun Company for Political Reasons

Postby Tim Nunan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:30 pm

http://pjmedia.com/blog/breaking-bank-o ... l-reasons/

Bailout recipient Bank of America has severed relations with an American company because of a reported bias against their industry. McMillan Group International released an extraordinary statement on Facebook regarding the incident:

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent five minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last five years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possible save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.”

I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a Second Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”

“You have to do what you must” he said.

“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”

Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

McMillan is now refusing to accept Bank of America cards from customers for payment.

(more at link)
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Re: Bank of America Drops Gun Company for Political Reasons

Postby Markus » Sun May 13, 2012 12:11 am

I'm/we are pulling out of Bank of America due to this..and also due to their acquiring bail-outs for a questionable future.
I sent them a short to the point letter about this and the reasons. If they should happen to reply I shall post both up.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,(THEREFOR) the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. -2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution
Markus

Postby Markus » Mon May 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Well they responded to me so here is my message and their reply. We've been thinking of pulling out Bank of America a while now for other reasons, so this is all the reason I needed when I listened to the full interview with McMillan.

My email...
""(If this emailing is directed to the incorrect Department please redirect to the proper Department or recipients at Bank of America.)

Hello,

For a very long while now we have done our business and kept our accounts with Bank of America.
I am not affiliated with McMillan Group at all. However, due to the treatment of Mr. McMillan and the removal of his accounts due to his companies manufacturing of firearms accessories and/or firearms I have become very disturbed at your Bank's political motives as this was clearly a political move to remove Mr. McMillan's accounts from your Bank.

As a customer and a representative ................... with your Bank I would like your company's administrators to know I nor those I advise are intending on providing Bank of America any future business and current accounts will very soon be removed from the Bank of America directly due to this apparently petty leftist political behavior.

I nor those that I advise can support such absurd political behavior that is directing your company to behave in this manner. I sincerely promise that all accounts will soon be transfered to a Bank that is not a (seemingly)Anti-2nd Amendment/Anti-Firearm politically oriented Bank as it appears clearly that Bank of America has become.
It is political pettiness and it is disgusting behavior for a Banking business no matter how the behavior is veiled. Thinly veiled I might add.

Sincerely,
M.G. #####""

Their reply....
""Dear Mr. ##### –

We want to let you know that we hear your comments and questions regarding one of our customers. While we cannot discuss the details of any individual client we work with, we can assure you the allegations being made are completely false. Bank of America does not have a policy that prohibits us from banking clients in this industry. In fact, we have numerous, longstanding customers in the industry.

In reviewing the facts of the case, we do believe there was a miscommunication with this client, and we have already reinforced our policies with our teams and with the client. We have also discussed with the client a transition period during which the client may be able to obtain a new source of funding.

George W. Smith

Commercial Bank Executive

Please do not respond to this email and kindly refrain from using this address for any future communications as this mail box is not monitored for incoming correspondence.

""

So, apparently they're just veiling this in B.S. again. Oh well.. I meant what I said in my message.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,(THEREFOR) the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. -2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution
Markus

Postby johnharris » Tue May 15, 2012 8:18 am

I suggest that for many on this list a perhaps more responsive target of our disdain would be BASS PRO SHOPS whose credit cards are managed by Bank of America
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Second Amendment Offenders