[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - How to Respond to an Active Shooter

How to Respond to an Active Shooter

Reports on state and federal legislators in addition to other public officials who have shown a willingness to ignore the Rights guaranteed under the State and Federal Constitutions

Moderators: SomeGuy, tjbert47

Postby Tim Nunan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:45 pm

http://www.examiner.com/x-18561-Grand-R ... ve-Shooter

A few weeks ago a friend of mine in the National Guard contacted me, frustrated by the lack of physical security of the military in the continental US. More specifically, he complained that every time he transports millions of dollars in automatic weapons and other supplies he is prohibited from carrying even a sidearm to protect the equipment. He was angry and quite vocal about it. “When I’m a civilian I can carry a pistol to protect myself, but when I’m on duty, the military disarms me!” I don’t blame him. I just always assumed that soldiers transporting millions of dollars of military arms in a convoy would be armed to protect all that military hardware. Silly me. (There I go again, trying to interject common sense into government.)
And then came the terrorist shooting at Fort Hood.
Who would have thought that military bases are the soft underbelly of the continental United States? There is no excuse for putting our troops in harm’s way and leaving them totally defenseless.
Then yesterday another soldier sent me a poster from the Department of Homeland Security on how to respond to an active shooter. This poster was being disseminated by the military in order to teach soldiers how to respond in the event of a Fort Hood type attack. The poster gave the following instructions:

1. Evacuate

Have an escape route planned
Leave your belongings behind
Call 911 when you are safe
2. Hide

Be out of the active shooter’s view
Lock the door
Silence your cell phone or pager
Turn off any source of noise
3. If evacuation and hiding is not possible, as a last resort, take action against the shooter.

Act aggressively
Throw items at him/her.
Yell
Remain calm.
Leave it to the United States Government to come up with something this stupid! Here we have highly trained, highly motivated, trained soldiers, who have volunteered to bravely defend our country, and the US Government is telling them to run and hide! This would be funny if it wasn’t so sad and grave. When I was in the Marine Corps thirty years ago, the last thing we were told to do was run and hide from the enemy. That wasn’t even in my nature.
It’s bad enough that anti-gun liberals have tried to turn the American civilian public into defenseless sheep, now they are trying to do the same to the proud, US military.
Call me daft, but here’s an idea. Give these American soldiers back their guns and change the Homeland Security poster to read like this:

Double tap the center of exposed mass!
Draw a chalk line around the body.
Wait for the police to come and take him away.
I think I like that much better. It’s a poster I can live with.
Now let’s juxtapose the Fort Hood shooting to one that occurs overseas in a war zone when American soldiers are armed and empowered. How many shots would Islamic terrorists, Major Hasan, have gotten off before dying in a hale of return fire? Not very many. The important thing is that our soldiers would have been able to defend themselves. But isn’t it sad and amazing that soldiers who have fought for our freedom are denied freedom when on America soil. That’s right, they are denied the right to keep and bear arms, their Second Amendment freedoms whenever they enter a US military base – their own home.
Brave, innocent soldiers die when political correctness invades the military.
If I was still a soldier, I would be thoroughly, righteously, pissed off!
Can you imagine how frustrated those Fort Hood soldiers must have felt as they watched one man gun down dozens of their unarmed comrades? The government trained them. The government armed them. The government nurtured the warrior spirit already beating inside their hearts, but when they needed it most, the government took away the essential tools a soldier needs to protect and defend.
The government giveth and the government taketh away.
But this time they went too far.
Recently I learned of a movement within the military, law enforcement, and even with civilians all across the country which reminds people of the oath they took to uphold the United States Constitution. You can learn about Oath Keepers by going to www.oathkeepers.org. Check it out and learn about the 10 orders that an Oath Keeper will never obey.
Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution
The Oath Keeper motto is "Not on our watch!"
People all across America are waking up to the lunacy of the anti-Second Amendment agenda. I urge you to live in a common sense way. When and active shooter enters your sphere on influence, don’t run, don’t hide, render him an inactive shooter with accurate return fire. And while you’re at it, help us vote anti-freedom idiots out of office and let’s make pistol-free zones extinct!
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Re: How to Respond to an Active Shooter

Postby lilredhunter » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:59 pm

My personal opine has been that once trained give them their weapons and make it legal to carry anywhere they go. Forget the non commisioned crap. As soon as you are trained is basic give the women & men their guns. Take a little time to throw in 1 day on the places they can't carry such as anytime they are drinking, etc... Let them carry in government bldgs. I also think the military should scrutinize the recruits better and actually worry about background checks instead of the number of recruits you can bring through the dang doors. Had everyone at Ft. Hood been carrying then the bast@rd would have fallen long before he could have killed so many. It is senseless to do things the way government does.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Postby Dan Lee » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 am

Amazing.. To think we used to give people coming out of Prison a gun, a suit & a little bit of money to help keep them out of recidivism... Now we disarm our own military.. :roll:
Dan Lee

Postby RobertNashville » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:08 am

Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Return to Second Amendment Offenders