[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Posting on this forum?

Posting on this forum?

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

Posting on this forum?

Postby Markus » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:33 am

So, ..as a paid member I must have my posts pre-moderated? What happened to the long post I worked on and tried to post here that was not breaking rules that I saw? Is this forum understaffed? Was my post not approved? If not why? Is this area abandoned..I don't see many recent posts?
I paid a membership fee to join this organization. What is the problem if any here?
I certainly didn't expect a TFA Official board with moderators to require it's TFA paid members to have their posts await approval. I don't approve of that aspect of this board. Terms of Use could be applied to those that attempt to violate the rules afterwards and/or their account suspended. From the dates on the posts and amount it doesn't seem like that happens alot at any rate.

Anyway, where is my long post about Conceal Carry Only views and my question regarding it in general?
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,(THEREFOR) the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. -2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution
Markus

Re: Posting on this forum?

Postby David Lewis » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:23 pm

David Lewis

Postby Markus » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 pm

I know what happened. It's the default ascending order and the lateness of approval for my posts. I thought i had the forum set to descending order in my profile. I'm almost sure I did. Oh well.
I see a bunch of old posts because of that and areas of inactivity and my posting requiring approval(not to mention the time it was taking) and I think..oh this forum has been killed by anti-spam implementations..and has been dead a long time with few to now moderators. I still think this is a downside. A far better anti-spam measure would be random letter/number code for each post by someone IMHO.

I have read the forum rules.. why repeat them to me? I am civil. I truly need no advice in that area at all. My concern was for what seemed apparent at the time(for quite some time until today). This isn't the only forum I've been a member of by far. I just expected more openness with posting with better anti-spam measures than constant moderation...which slows down conversation even if posts are approved in a few hours. The post amount ...somewhat of a mistake in some forum areas...was on my part due to my unfamiliarity with this forum's order. I will change my opinion to an inactive forum for what it should/could be in my opinion. I expect input from many others on the typical active forum not just a few that run it...not that it's impossible for another too reply/answer answer any of my posts here it just takes longer if they wish to attempt it and they aren't a moderator or admin.
A large posting amount does not mean most of the postings aren't going to be valid to the subject.
As for paid membership...not offering small perks even online is a mistake in my opinion. I know anyone can post here, but not just anyone pays to support the TFA. If there was a way with the script to allow TFA members to not have to be Pre-Moderated to post I think that would be a wonderful and appropriate addition to your current forum policy myself.

Long ago ..in the days of old I swore I would never get a Facebook account. Call it what you want. I have hated the place from day one and have personal dislike of the people that run it(Facebook) mostly due to their political attitudes. So if most of the TFA traffic is moved to their due to ..whatever I won't be apart of it on Facebook.

I didn't intend on coming here to complain about the forums. My purpose is support of the 2nd Amendment and discussion and information about the subject.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,(THEREFOR) the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. -2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution
Markus

Postby David Lewis » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:43 am

Markus,

Perhaps I misunderstood part of your post; I thought you were asking about what rules we have. If so, no harm done pointing them out to others who might read this thread.

Yes, seeing only older posts would be a problem in ascending, or "oldest first", order.

As to your fixation on moderated posts--I thought I made it clear that it was a temporary status for new users, with their initial few posts--not all posts from all users all the time. Once the threshold is passed, there is no requirement to have posts reviewed & approved. We are not the only site with such requirements. I recently joined another forum that has essentially the same policy, except they're not as easy-going as we are. :mrgreen: If you'll notice, your posts today were not moderated--they posted as soon as you made them, which is how we planned it to work. This should offer no impediment to quick responses & the flow of discussion.

Again, welcome aboard! I look forward to your comments & contributions.

David
David Lewis

Return to Ask TFA