[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Gun Skills Challenge Fundraiser Idea?

Gun Skills Challenge Fundraiser Idea?

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

Gun Skills Challenge Fundraiser Idea?

Postby RobertNashville » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Buckeye Firearms Association is doing something as a fundraiser they call the "Gun Skills Challenge" which is an idea I'm wondering of we could "borrow" and maybe even improve upon.

To put it in a nutshell, the events sounds like one part skills/safety instruction; one part social event and one part IDPA style match.

I'm thinking this is something we could do specifically to raise funds for political action purposes and/or whatever other purpose TFA may have...maybe even do three events (Nashville; Memphis, Knoxville areas).

I'm wondering what others here might think of this idea???
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Re: Gun Skills Challenge Fundraiser Idea?

Postby johnharris » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Robert

That is a good idea. I have discussed with Rob and a few others the idea of hosting an Appleseed event but something of this type is equally possible.

It would be good for a few interested members to start exploring this and how it would be done.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby RobertNashville » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:42 am

I'm certainly willing to help get this going in any way I can...anyone else who is interested; please feel free to send me a PM or get with me at Nashville chapter meeting next week on the 20th.
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Postby redbarron06 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Sounds like fun, Im in if I can do it.

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Postby RobertNashville » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:04 pm

I am going to be moving forward with this but I'm starting from ground Zero!

I hoping we can have something in the spring.
Robert
RobertNashville

Postby redbarron06 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:05 pm

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Postby RobertNashville » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Just to let everyone know...I am moving forward on this and hope to have a potential "date" for an event soon. the date will likely be a Saturday sometime in the fall rather than the spring.

The most likely location is the Montgomery County Shooting Complex.

My current idea is to have a morning of training/practice/instruction that is appropriate for the "family"; then break for lunch and then have a competition (probably an adaptation of an IDPA style match).
Robert
RobertNashville

Return to Ask TFA