Re-newed my membership- now what?

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

Re-newed my membership- now what?

Postby tnglock » Tue May 18, 2010 7:54 am

I re-newed my membership through PayPal a couple of weeks ago, but have not heard anything back from it, not even a e-mail. So I was wanting to now what is going on? how long does it take to get a reply that it was recieved? I would like to know that at least that it was recieved and being processed.
tnglock

Re: Re-newed my membership- now what?

Postby 1gewehr » Tue May 18, 2010 8:45 am

It can take a while. IIRC, memberships are only processed about once a month. I don't believe that TFA has any full-time employees, and almost all work is done on a volunteer basis. Wouldn't you rather have your money go towards something useful than towards a full-time secretary?
Nemo me impune lacessit
1gewehr

Postby tnglock » Tue May 18, 2010 8:58 am

I agree, but it would be nice to know that it was recieved, and not just left hanging wondering if it got to them.
tnglock

Postby johnharris » Tue May 18, 2010 9:46 am

Transactions through Paypal (and GunPal once we get it operational) should generate sales confirmations automatically through Paypal.

As was said, TFA is still predominately volunteer based and we struggle with the increasing volume of memberships to manage them. Its good news but as we can it looks like TFA will be in need of a new plan in the near future to perhaps actually hire some part time staff.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Ask TFA