[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - new TCP questions

new TCP questions

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

new TCP questions

Postby gotigers » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:42 pm

I got my TCP in the mail a week ago saturday. I have read much of the different publications, forums and have spoke with those in the know. But there are a couple of new questions.

1. Is the Agricenter considered part of Shelby Farms as part of Shelby county parks? if so, i can't carry at the Agricenter, correct? Like to the gun show, bike show or the Arena? If it is not allowed, is an unloaded gun ok? how unloaded, mag and pistol seperate or can the mag not have any in it? The last part is, i have to drive onto the agricenter property. so, ammo will be in the car. Does the mag have to be empty?

2. Regarding posted or places that server alcohol. Can i leave my ammo in the car and carry an unloaded pistol into these places or is it absolute, no guns? i hate leaving a gun in the car that could potentially be stolen. I will not leave a gun in the car. I will not patronize those business.

thanks
gotigers
gotigers

Re: new TCP questions

Postby johnharris » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:06 pm

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby macville » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 pm

You can only carry an unloaded firearm, at least without a permit, in TN openly. I do agree with you that it's much safer for everyone for us to be able to carry unloaded handguns past properly posted signs rather than leave them in the car.

Matthew
macville

Postby johnharris » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:24 am

John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby macville » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 am

macville

Postby johnharris » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:31 am

Matthew,

The key is that it is a "defense" and not an exception. Therefore, you can be charged and you will carry the burden of proving you were within the scope of the defense. In the meantime, you have a record and a big expense bill ahead of you....
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Ask TFA