[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Items for the "store"

Items for the "store"

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

Items for the "store"

Postby RobertNashville » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:12 am

I don't know if this has been done and/or suggested before but I'd like to offer some suggestions for a couple of additions to the TFA store!

One would be an embroidered "TFA" patch so that those of us who, perhaps, need bigger than "3X" shirts or who simply have other jackets/garments they would like to put the patch on could do so.

Likewise with a "window sticker" type decal similar to the type that the NRA offers so that we can show our support on our vehicles. 8)
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Re: Items for the "store"

Postby David Lewis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Robert

First, good to see you at the Nashville meeting the other night.

Second, we do have, or at least did have, some TFA window decals...I may have a couple laying around, or John possibly has some.

Third, I've been trying to get a TFA logo patch for some time, for the reasons you mentioned...and because I can then turn
any pack, hat, jacket, etc, into a TFA-branded item. So far, there's not been quite enough interest to justify the cost.

Keep beating the drum, though...maybe we'll get others marching along to the rhythm!

David
David Lewis

Postby David Lewis » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:41 pm

When we checked into a number of logo items last year, I specifically pushed for patches. John's refreshed my memory about them:

There's a trickle of requests for patches, and over time, that trickle has amounted to a pretty good handful...but that "handful" still
is only about 50 people, more or less.

The best rate we could get was something along the lines of a 500-piece minimum order, & our cost at approximately $3.00 per patch.
We never got around to determining a selling price, but it probably would have been at least $5 or $6...possibly more.

Given the small "demand" for them, that would have been both prohibitively expensive, and likely, a lifetime supply.

If the demand grows sufficiently, I'm certain we'll reconsider them, but until then, probably not.

David
David Lewis

Postby RobertNashville » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:07 pm

I understand the problem.

I guess I'll just have to do without. :)
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Postby lilredhunter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:55 am

I know I am diggin up an old thread but..... I was the Supply Officer at my local Vollie Fire Dept. I still have plenty of contacts. I can get patches made, as soon as we have the exact design you want. I ordered from several different suppliers, I was buying patches with minimum orders as low 150 pieces. If you have a design already on paper or maybe a jpg or something I will gladly talk to the patch suppliers. I also know a couple of these guys are big 2nd Amendment supporters. So that may help us get even more of a price break.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Postby johnharris » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:38 pm

Chris, we have a good set of graphics worked up for the print houses on the main TFA logo. We do not have something worked up as a patch but that might something as simple as the main logo on black with a gold border
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:15 pm

I would like a copy of that in a "live' format, I would like to have the lady at work who can type with all ten fingers, and does remarkable things with various programs to take a look at maybe working with and sizing it for a patch as well.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby RobertNashville » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:35 am

I would say that anything we can do to give exposure to TFA would be a good thing...patches, bumper stickers, etc...I understand that we don't want to spend a lot of money on having merchandise but if we can get some patches out there and/or bumper stickers I think it would be money well spent.
Robert
RobertNashville

Postby David Lewis » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm in agreement with you, Robert. I have a couple of black fleece jackets that would look great with a multi-color TFA embroidered patch on the chest.
Like you, anything we get with the logo on it is likely not going to fit me...but I can add the logo to things that do!

Having one on my daypack, or briefcase, or both...it's cheap advertising.

It would be sure to draw questions from people at work (I already have a reputation as the go-to guy for gun-related questions).
I know from experience when I've worn my TFA shirt anywhere (not just to work) that bold red/white/blue logo gets attention, and questions.
It's a great opportunity to engage potential members, and at least show a friendly, normal (No comments from the peanut gallery!) face to
the general public.

It is a question of cost-effectiveness, though. As we've discussed above, it's too expensive to get something like that for the relatively few of
us who currently want it. Maybe Chris can come up with something in a smaller run that's not cost-prohibitive.

If anyone else knows of a shop that does that kind of work--cheap, but quality--please let me know!

David
David Lewis

Postby lilredhunter » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Ok can someone send me what you have? Just so I have an idea. We can get the main logo done as a patch with a simple border around it. I have 3 different places willing to waive the setup fee. Just send me what you have right now & we can go from there.
Chris
lilredhunter

Postby lilredhunter » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:14 pm

David I have one place that we can get 100 patches for around $150 so the cost is not that high. Us bigger fellers have to "make" things with the TFA logo on it when it comes to shirts. BTW if we ordered 100 patches we will be getting them around $ 2.00 or less each. He is also willing to mtake the main TFA logo and help design a patch.
Chris
lilredhunter

Postby tnxdshooter » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:29 am

Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
Carry gun 1: Springfield XD 40 4" Stainless Bi-tone
tnxdshooter

Postby lilredhunter » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:57 pm

XD I have talked to several companies and have one that I have gotten to send back anything for approval. Which I have sent to John and either waiting to hear back from them or hear that they have placed an order or something. I know John is very busy so no rush.
Chris
lilredhunter

Postby tnxdshooter » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
tnxdshooter

Postby lilredhunter » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm

OK after looking at the patch that was first submitted , I think it looked too much like a uniform patch you would find on Joe the mechanics uniform. I am working still to get a better looking patch designed. I think John and David would agree with me on how the first design looked. I have also spoken to several other patch makers to have their art dept to come up with something with 100% embroidery . Anything less just looks sort of cheesy. Given a little more time I will present some better choices.
Chris
lilredhunter

Postby tnxdshooter » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:03 am

Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
tnxdshooter

Postby lilredhunter » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:39 pm

I emailed several designs from other companies a good while back and never heard anything. So I figured there was no interest in the patches and I just dropped it.
Chris
lilredhunter

Postby David Lewis » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Chris--

Please push them a bit. There is some interest...but it'll take a bit of bird-dogging to get some potential solutions.

Thanks!

David
David Lewis

Postby Sky King » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:04 pm

My question is this, is the TFA logo copyrighted? If a member was able to find somebody who could create a patch, would a release from The TFA be required to make it?
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby David Lewis » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:04 pm

I don't think a release would be required if TFA is placing the order.

David
David Lewis

Next

Return to Ask TFA