[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Fingerprints Anyone???

Fingerprints Anyone???

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

Fingerprints Anyone???

Postby RobertNashville » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:35 am

For background, you may want to review these threads…

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2942

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2991

As I had indicated in the second thread above, TBI suggested I apply for a VAF with the FBI. I did so which included having my fingerprints taken using ink and applied to a fingerprint card supplied by the FBI – I had my fingerprints done by the Murfreesboro Police Department).

In yesterday’s mail, I received the entire application back along with a cover letter from the FBI explaining that they were unable to process my fingerprints because of “insufficient ridge detail” and advised me that before they could do any further processing I would need to have my fingerprints done again.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I’ve no problem getting my fingerprints taken again but I’m suspecting that the problem of “insufficient ridge detail” isn’t going to change and here is why…when I was electronically fingerprinted for my HCP here in Murfreesboro, the woman had a lot of trouble getting her machine to “read” my fingerprints…she said it was likely because I’m working on a computer and typing all day (which I do…I create financial reporting applications/databases).

Any suggestions, ideas, etc. would be appreciated…in the meantime I’m going to try a different police agency to do my fingerprints this time and hope they are good enough for the FBI; my only other option is to get “denied” every time I want to purchase a new firearm and then go through the stupid appeal process!
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Re: Fingerprints Anyone???

Postby Fred762 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:45 pm

See the topic in the other forum where we discissed problems and pitfalls in getting a TN HCP. My fiance' recently had to endure that runarround to get hers..the 2 biggest wasters of time for her were the long wait in line to get the dang form from/at the DMV and having to go back to APPS where she did the shooting class.. after she got the form..to get her FPs done. They did them OK but it was a BIG hassle to have to travel back and forth, taking much time from work to do it all. APPS did fine prints tho.
Fred762

Return to Ask TFA