[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - How do I transfer ownership of a firearm?

How do I transfer ownership of a firearm?

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

How do I transfer ownership of a firearm?

Postby Glockster27 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:25 pm

I want to get my daughter a firearm (Glock 19) for Christmas. She is of course living on her own, of legal age to own a firearm and we are both residents of Tennessee. As I will be buying this firearm as a present, how do I go about transfering ownership of it?

Will I have to go through a FFL dealer or can I just to a bill of sale from me to my daughter? I don't want her to be there when I purchase the firearm as that would ruin the surprize.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Fred
----------------------
NRA - Life Member
GOA - Life Member
TFA
Glockster27

Re: How do I transfer ownership of a firearm?

Postby macville » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:25 pm

macville

Postby David Lewis » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Hand it to her & say, "Here, honey. I hope you never have to use this for anything more serious than target shooting, but I've taught you well when & how to use it. I love you."

That should be sufficient.

David
David Lewis

Postby 1gewehr » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:41 am

David said it all. Best transfer method I've heard of!

Contrary to what you see on TV, there is no such thing as firearm 'registration' in most states. In TN there are no laws restricting the transfer of rifles, shotguns, and handguns between any persons who can legally own firearms.
Nemo me impune lacessit
1gewehr

Postby lilredhunter » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:18 pm

I have rcvd a few gifts and she will normally say I love you be extremely careful as always. Yet David said it best.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Return to Ask TFA