[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Retrieving guns from the state

Retrieving guns from the state

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

Retrieving guns from the state

Postby wcmjr413 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:55 am

Hello , I'm new to the forum . I recently had a charge against me and the state took some
guns . I was aquitted of the charges now I'd like to know what the procedure is for
getting them back . I appreciate any help .

Thanks , Bill
wcmjr413

Re: Retrieving guns from the state

Postby johnharris » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:06 pm

If you were acquitted, you will need to file a motion to return seized evidence.

This also addresses this issue.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby wcmjr413 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Who would I file the motion with ? I'm 58 years old and never had any problems
and am new to all of the court proceedings and exactly what to do . I appreciate
any help .

Thanks again , Bill
wcmjr413

Postby johnharris » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:21 pm

It would be filed with the court that heard the original case.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Ask TFA