QUESTION FOR JOHN HARRIS

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

QUESTION FOR JOHN HARRIS

Postby Butch Butler » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:22 am

MR. HARRIS we would like to start a chapter in union city, i have been in contact with r. archie and he suggested i contact you.I think you have access to my personal e-mail if so please contact me.
THANKS
B. BUTLER
Butch Butler

Re: QUESTION FOR JOHN HARRIS

Postby johnharris » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:05 pm

We can certainly do that. We started the Western Region, which Richard Archie is heading up, by about 2 months of call ins to the local radio shows mentioning TFA, letters to the local paper(s), meetings at gun clubs, gun stores, Rotary clubs, etc. Then, TFA chapter organizers from Nashville, Waverly and Memphis convened on Jackson around a gun show and talked about a lot of "how to" issues.

I would suggest start similarly. Let's get a group of 15, 25, 50+ who might be interested in an "organizational meeting" and let's find a meeting place. Usually restaurants work well that can hold a large enough group in a meeting section where we can "camp out" for a while. If that is not possible, we have held meetings at gun ranges, churches, almost any place large enough to accommodate the group. We will need some notice to arrange the travel for those coming in.

Of course, another great opportunity just around the corner is to get a group from Union City to meet at Richard's meeting in Jackson on April 4 with Lt. Gov. Ramsey as the invited guest speaker.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: QUESTION FOR JOHN HARRIS

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:24 pm

I had a lengthy conversation with Butch tonight. I can tell that he is dedicated, and has the fire that it will take to get this effort going, and well in Union City.

I did hear the same disbelief in what our land is coming to in his voice, that I am sure John has heard in mine. The realization that it is up to us to change that direction is present, I could feel it!

I assured him that we all will lend support and encouragement to his effort! I offered to drive up and visit with him and any other like minded individuals that he feels are ready to take the plunge.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Return to Ask TFA