New Membership

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

New Membership

Postby alex » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:06 am

This is a new member........(hopefully). On June 17th, I mailed (PayPal was down that day) an application along with a 1 year fee and have yet to be contacted with a TFA membership #. I want to make sure my account gets processed and plan to attend my 1st Nashville meeting in August. I'm looking forward to meeting the members and plan to get VERY active in our cause. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to follow up on. Thanks, Alex Koss
alex

Re: New Membership

Postby johnharris » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:56 pm

We try to make sure that people understand - by putting it on the website and on applications - that TFA is a volunteer based organization with no full time staff.

We process membership requests once a month. Usually, we process memberships about the 2nd week of the month in which we receive them and advise that it can therefore take 4 to 8 weeks to process a membership depending on when you joined.

When we have really heavy membership demands, it takes longer. We have one person at this time putting in all the new memberships, another person extracts the information from the database and prints the cards and then the membership packets are assembled and mailed.

We are aware that people do not realize that TFA simply does not have a full time director or staff to handle all these membership issues and we are looking forward to the day that we have sufficient membership to fully staff an office to turn things around quicker but until then, it takes time.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Ask TFA