[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Mr. John I keep forgetting the recent numbers and stats

Mr. John I keep forgetting the recent numbers and stats

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

Mr. John I keep forgetting the recent numbers and stats

Postby hilary » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Lately I find myself in constant debate with liberals. Could you clarify for me the most recent stats: how many permit holders do we have in this state? And how many permit holders have caused trouble?

I am going to copy and paste and email I received from a girl today, the part where she says "why do so many people with permits end up shooting other people?" is my reasoning for asking (even though I am sure that you have told me at least 100 times, I just can't seem to retain the info- senior moment :) If I'm going to lose friends over the issue, I at least want to have my facts straight in the rebuttal. Thank you for your time!!!

" Why do law abiding citizens need to carry weapons in a country where they pay their taxes for functioning and capable law enforcement and military. If "responsible" people have permits for guns, then why do so many people with permits end up shooting other people? Making the permit process more difficult doesn't prevent people for using guns for their intended purpose. Seriously. Q: What are guns for? - be honest- A:to kill things. Why do people want the right to kill things? And let's be real - the 2nd Amendment was written in a very specific time for a very specific reason. The everyday Joan was the military and the police and they needed to protect themselves from the British Military. That context has disappeared. If you want to have a gun, join the police force or the "Armed" forces. And don't twist the intent or context of the Second Amendment."
hilary

Re: Mr. John I keep forgetting the recent numbers and stats

Postby redbarron06 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:51 pm

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Postby KevinMcCauley » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:05 pm

"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."
- Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas

"I don’t want people in my bar not drinking."- Adam Dread
KevinMcCauley

Postby johnharris » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Great points - everyone!
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin