[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - New Resident

New Resident

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

New Resident

Postby victorhurdle » Tue May 05, 2009 10:43 am

Hello Gentlemen,
My name is Vic, and I have recently moved back to Tennessee after living in North Carolina for 20 years. I have fully exercised my 2nd Amendment rights while in NC and intend to do the same here at 'home'. The reason I write now is that I am looking for reliable information on Concealed Carry Permits in Tennessee so that I am not inadvertently carrying illegally. I know that TN 'honors' my NC permit but that doesn't mean that I can carry in the same manner without restrictions. I would be very grateful if someone would please tell me where I can find out the bottom line information with regard to applying for a resident permit, in depth definition of reciprocity concerning my existing permit, and many other questions about exercising my 'rights,' 'legally'.
victorhurdle

Re: New Resident

Postby Tim Nunan » Tue May 05, 2009 2:57 pm

Welcome Vic.

The easiest resource is the book written by John Harris, Carrying a Handgun for Self Defense in Tennessee. Of course with the passage of some new laws (hopefully) it will have to be updated.

If you have specific questions these forums are the best place to get the correct legal opinion.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Postby KevinMcCauley » Tue May 05, 2009 4:56 pm

I am fairly certain your permit is technically no longer valid due to your move. I can't say for certain but I would call this number and ask...

Lisa Knight, Manager
1150 Foster Avenue
Nashville, TN 37243
(866) 849-3548

http://www.state.tn.us/safety/handgunmain.htm

oh and WELCOME TO THE GREATEST STATE IN THE UNION!!! 8)
"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."
- Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas

"I don’t want people in my bar not drinking."- Adam Dread
KevinMcCauley

Postby KevinMcCauley » Tue May 05, 2009 5:00 pm

"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."
- Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas

"I don’t want people in my bar not drinking."- Adam Dread
KevinMcCauley

Postby johnharris » Wed May 06, 2009 7:39 am

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Ask TFA