[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Is it legal to carry on my property in TN?

Is it legal to carry on my property in TN?

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

Is it legal to carry on my property in TN?

Postby gotigers » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:38 pm

I read an article about a case in Wisconsin where a man while on his property was charged with disorderly conduct for openly carrying a holstered firearm. Here is a link to the article:

What are the laws concerning carrying on your property? I have 3 acres in unincorporated area of west TN. The homes are very far apart. Neighbors regularly shoot and i carry on my property on occasion for coyotes, snakes, etc. I understand some local city laws will most likely ban the practice outside your home. Even then, isn't it legal to carry in your home? That is probably a stupid question, but you never know now days.
gotigers

Re: Is it legal to carry on my property in TN?

Postby KevinMcCauley » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:09 pm

I don't know of any law that prohibits this. I'm sure John would know.
"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."
- Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas

"I don’t want people in my bar not drinking."- Adam Dread
KevinMcCauley

Postby johnharris » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:45 pm

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby gotigers » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:53 pm

I understand the legality of it, but that's just not right.

thanks, for the info John
gotigers

Postby johnharris » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:22 pm

The basic rule of TN and Federal government officials is that its a crime to own, carry and/or use a gun and its your burden to prove in a criminal case that you fit within an exception.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Ask TFA