[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Why should I join?

Why should I join?

This forum section is primarily to allow individuals to post questions that they have concerning topics on which TFA members may have expertise or experience.

Why should I join?

Postby tnpistolero » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:55 am

Hello, All-

I have already joined the board list, but was wondering if some of you long-term members could give a potential new recruit some (personal) reasons why I should join the State organization. Don't worry-I am not a closet liberal or anti-gun plant (just playing 'devils advocate' :twisted: role here). Personal experiences/"war stories" of members welcomed by this poster!

:lol: Thanks-
TnPistolero
tnpistolero

Re: Why should I join?

Postby David Lewis » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:50 am

Do you have a Tennessee carry permit? Thank TFA.

Are you glad you no longer have to deal with 95 different agencies to obtain one? Thank TFA.

Are you glad you can legally carry in a grocery, package store, stop & rob, etc? Thank TFA.

Are you glad the old "post or announce" provisions are gone from state law? Thank TFA.

Does it please you that you may legally possess your handgun as you drop your child off at school? Thank TFA.

Do you want to be able to carry legally in a "real" restaurant (i.e., one that serves alcohol), but can't? Don't thank TFA, thank Jimmy Naifeh.

Do you want to be able to carry legally in a park while out on your own or with your family, but can't? Don't thank TFA, thank Jimmy Naifeh.

The Tennessee Firearms Association is the only organization in Tennessee of which I'm aware that's actively working toward removing restrictions on our rights as recognized in both the State Constitution, and the US Constitution.

John Harris has, individually and through the TFA, done more for the right to keep and bear arms in Tennessee in the last 15 years or so than any single individual.

However, he can't do it by himself. Fortunately, there are those who are willing to help protect our rights. I've been a member of TFA for years (I think my membership # is below 25.)

Help us help you! But, you know what? Even if you don't join now, we're still going to keep working for your rights, because they're our rights too.

David
David Lewis

Postby tnpistolero » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks, David, well-said! :lol:
TnPistolero
tnpistolero

Postby wlhawk » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:19 pm

There are those in state as well as federal government who will do everything possible to deprive us of our 2nd amendment rights. TN firearm owners will have more favorable laws on the books as an organized group than as individuals.
wlhawk

Postby C. Richard Archie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:43 am

To act responsibly with regards to your 2nd Amendment Rights. To step up and shoulder your part of the load carried so far by John Harris and the others of this organization who have had the vision to see those rights being usurped by politicians who would be our masters instead of the servants they should be, and the backbone to stand up and put their names and labor where their mouths are. To come off the welfare role, becoming a viable factor in the preservation of liberty instead of a bystander, taking a hand in the work required to make sure your children enjoy the fruits of blood and treasure spent by our Founding Fathers in the creation of a Free State.

I think Sam Adams said it best, "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

We each need to get in the game, or the fat lady will sing while Freedom slips away. My $.02 worth!
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby David Lewis » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:18 am

Well said!

David
David Lewis

Postby DavidF » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:52 am

Actually i have joined.
We are holding a TEA Party in Selmer on Sept 12 1PM at Selmer City Park
10+ Speakers including Col. Harding on Homeland Securty
Our aldermen have voted to opt out in city building and park and we have made our opinions know to them. So far we have gotten one of the aldermen to change his vote.
Actually I would like to have several applications for the Association and related information to display on a table at our meeting.
Sorry if this is the wrong folder - feel free to pass this on to whoever can make the right contact.

sincerely
David F
teapartyorganizer1@gmail.com
DavidF

Postby C. Richard Archie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:24 pm

You have a PM.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby Butch Butler » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:57 pm

Why Join T.F.A.?
I have only been a member for about 6 months but the more research I do I wished I would have joined years ago.Very few in T.F.A. know me personally but they have been fighting for my rights as well as their own.It dont matter if you are a handgun permit holder,hunter,collector,or shoot in compitition we are all firearms owners and must join together to work as one.For years we have set around in our own little groups and complained about what was happening around us but that is as far as it went.By joining T.F.A. you join thousands of other firearm owners as one voice.
Butch
Butch Butler

Postby johnharris » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Thanks Butch. We were a small group in 1995 but we have held on and persisted where many other grassroots organizations have come, some in a flash, and gone.

Build your house on the firm ground and it will with stand.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby SubVetSS522 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:33 pm

New member testimonial.

I joined TFA today. I’ve been using their website for free for a year as well as watching other state level sites. I am retire, 67 years old and have a HCP. I have to be certain that I am supporting an organization that reflects my views.

I use TFA to keep up to date on HCP laws and the Legislation that will affect me in the future. Their communications are fact based, clearly written and timely. I also like the fact that they are forward looking and not just reacting to the issues.

John Harris has been visible in the media and represents us well. The other members are also helpful have been responsive to my post (SubVetSS522) and I find the blogs to be clean with little mud slinging between most members.

I’m also a member of the NRA. If I am ever put in the position of having to choose between memberships at the local or national level I will choose to stay with TFA.

I hope this helps with your decision to join. This is my opinion and if it’s not yours it should be…………….ta
SubVetSS522

Postby wlhawk » Wed May 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Welcome SubvetSSS22. Thanks for your service.
Since joining TFA I have become more active in contacting our elected representatives and making them aware that gun owners expect them to protect our 2nd Ammendment Rights. This evening I sent each of them an email asking them to overturn the Governor's veto on HB3125/SB3012. Several representatives have sent replies offering their support.
wlhawk

Postby TacticaLogic » Wed May 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Tom,

I always knew you were with us in spirit and ideology... I'm glad you are now with us "officially" too!!!

THANKS FOR BEING PART OF THE SOLUTION!!!

Mike

PS: And as my dad once said, "Real Dolphins are earned on board Diesel/Electric boats!" (No offensed intended for you radioactive Silent Service guys! - Dad was just "old school". May he rest in peace.)
For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed May 19, 2010 10:34 pm

SubvetSSS22, glad to have you aboard.

Sometimes the winds in Tennessee blow foul. We need all hands to man the sheets to keep this boat on a true course. John is a trusted helmsman, but as on any ship, no one person can do all the work, and from time to time he must relinquish the con. We need all the help we can get.

My gratitude for you service.

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby Fred762 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:16 am

I joined years ago and I wish many other Tennessee gun owners would join. It behooves us all to try to stick together, or be stuck separately! IMHO there are many 'gun forums' out there, but this one is truly FOR TN shooters. Try to encourage your friends to join. F
Fred762

Return to Ask TFA