Hit piece on Barrett by News 5 Nashville

Report instances of news media reports and misinformation. Also, in this area, post copies of "letters to the editors" that have been sent in reply so that others may do likewise.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Hit piece on Barrett by News 5 Nashville

Postby 1gewehr » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Another gun control piece by Nashville news. Talking points straight from radical Violence Policy Center on the dangerous Barrett .50 rifle!! A couple of short quotes from John Harris as 'balance'. But 90% of the segment is anti-gun propaganda.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20952 ... nother-gun
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20963 ... ough-steel
Nemo me impune lacessit
1gewehr

Re: Hit piece on Barrett by News 5 Nashville

Postby johnharris » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:59 am

It was mostly spin and propaganda. Phil seems to make his mind up on what he wants to portray and then builds enough of a record to avoid a libel action.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby Fred762 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:15 pm

About the only good thing re that propaganda piece is that the old media is fast dying..being eclipsed by the new digital media: internet STREAMING and social media. I am glad bks so far the new media is unfettered and refreshing. IMHO TV as we know it will die within 5-7 years.
The paper press has already seen the light at the end of the tunnel and it IS a train. Liberal rags like "Pravda-on-the-Cumberland" will die soon and nobody will care. Can u believe it?? NYT..nearly dead, WaPo..dead, Boston Globe..dead, Newsweak...dead..all bastions of leftist propaganda. Aaaaaahhhhhh! :lol:
Fred762

Postby Ron W » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:30 pm

One thing that is killing the old, authoritarian leftist media, is that, with the Tennessean, they have gradually closed down any responses to their opinion or articles. I was a subscriber to the Tennessean for many years and they had open comment sections to their columnists and articles. This has been gradually closed down. Also e-mail addresses of their editorial columnists have been removed except for twitter, so that commentary has also been shut down!
Ron W

Postby Fred762 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:17 am

I was customer and freq letterto editor contributor to the old Nashville Banner over 20 or so yrs they printed about a dozen if my letters libertarian and conservative viewpointofcourse g'luk getting any into Pravda on Cumberland lol
Fred762

Return to Media Misinformation & Reports