CBS and Katie Couric usual bias

Report instances of news media reports and misinformation. Also, in this area, post copies of "letters to the editors" that have been sent in reply so that others may do likewise.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

CBS and Katie Couric usual bias

Postby Sky King » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:11 pm

I normally do not watch the CBS network news broadcasts because of their well documented liberal bias. However tonight, the TV was already on CBS and I was doing somthing else when the Evening News with Katie Couric came on. Needless to say the lead story was the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords. After the usual stuff about Ms. Giffords and other stuff they took off on a segment about firearms. Imagine that. I don't have to describe to those here how it went. Not ONE interview with a person on the positive side of our Second Amendment rights. The usual hysteria with even one person asking why we don't just include an Uzi in a baby's welcome home gifts in response to Arizona's "liberal and lax gun control" laws.

As a result, I sent this to CBS:

Watching the evening broadcast, I became quite infuriated. The shooting of Gabrielle Giffords is a tragedy of unmeasurable proportions. The guilty party needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent allowed. However the segments concerning firearms was as unbalanced as you can get and is typical of your liberal bias against our Second Amendment rights. From the interview with the Sheriff to the comments of the Tuscon mayor all knee-jerk reactions. What you failed to do is BALANCE this report from the positive side of firearm ownership by law abiding citizens.

I rarely watch your news broadcast and reports such as this just cements in my mind why I quit watching ever since Dan Rather trashed and publically showed major disrespect for President Bush.

Your newwork is among the most liberally biased network on TV. I don't know how you can call yourself a "news" agency with a straight face and actually sleep at night.

Sam Cooper
Memphis Tennessee

If I get a response, I will probably need the paramedics to do CPR on me.

Sam Cooper
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Return to Media Misinformation & Reports