[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Media & the Fort Hood Shooting

Media & the Fort Hood Shooting

Report instances of news media reports and misinformation. Also, in this area, post copies of "letters to the editors" that have been sent in reply so that others may do likewise.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Media & the Fort Hood Shooting

Postby CarlS » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:07 pm

Media reports indicate the shooter used a Five (5.0 caliber handgun. The artiicle linked below shows what that might be. Education, and entertaining.

As I read this, I couldn’t / still can’t decide whether it’s funny or sad. Funny because the so-called “expert” reporters in the anti-gun media make this same type of mistake over and over. So routinely it has become predictable. Sad because they and their editors are (1) too ignorant to catch these mistakes, or (2) not ignorant at all and they do this deliberately. That would make them liars, but isn’t that what most main stream media outlets do for a living? Since most are shills for (some) politicians ……… and most political staffers use their “input” to inform our elected reps on how they should vote.

CarlS
USA (Ret.)
Still supporting and defending the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic, as required by
TITLE 5 PART III Subpart B CHAPTER 33 SUBCHAPTER II § 3331 and TITLE 10 Subtitle A PART II CHAPTER 31 § 502
CarlS

Re: Media & the Fort Hood Shooting

Postby TacticaLogic » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:26 pm

The entire situation concerning this shooter is a sad example of what is going wrong in this country right now...

Here we have a shooter with a Palestinian (not Jordanian as has been reported by the mainstream media) heritage that has joined the military at the age of 27 through the ROTC program of VA Tech... Now, that may not seem unusual in and of itself if you are only looking at his age. But the powers that be should have better vetted him. There is a gap between years of age 18-23 (the years between high school graduation and his enrollment at VA Tech) that absolutely should have been deeply investigated. I would be willing to bet that they never were. So, upon graduation from VA Tech, in 1997 he is commissioned as a 2LT (22 JUN 1997) and then enrolls in the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences at Bethesda, MD, graduating in 2001. After that he is promoted to captain (17 MAY 2003) and does 12 months (beginning 11 JUN 2003) at Walter Reed AMC as an intern, then 36 months (beginning 30 JUN 2004) of residency, and finishes up there with 24 months (beginning 01 JUL 2007) of psychiatric fellowship work. During this time, he is reprimanded for his outspokeness regarding his views on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and how the Muslim people should "rise up" against the invaders. No red flags went up? Yeah, right... Ever heard of "promote them up and get them out?" He is promoted to MAJ on 17 MAY 2009 and is transferred to Carl R. Darnell AMC at Ft. Hood on 16 JUL 2009... Now... The FBI has him on the radar as early as MAY, due to his anti-American/pro-Islam rant videos on the internet. Anything happen? No... An investigation might have given the appearance of "profiling". A quick check of easily available data (at least as far as the FBI is concerned) would have revealed that the man using a different name in the videos was indeed a US Army officer THAT HAD A SECURITY CLEARANCE OF "SECRET." By the way... His security clearance investigation was started on 28 FEB 2008, and security clearance granted on 03 JUN 2009. That investigation was occurring while he was being reprimanded for the aforementioned "angry outbursts" in the work place. There are so many red flags in this situation that were ignored either through ignorance or willful blindness that it is beyond belief. HERE IS THE KICKER (for me at least) THAT JUST SCREAMS "THIS GUY IS/WAS NOT ON THE 'UP-AND-UP' WHEN HE JOINED THE ARMY!!": According to his cousin, friends, and his neighbors, he was always a muslim. NOT A CONVERT. BUT, under "RELIGION" he informed the US Army that he had "NO-REL-PREF". No religious preference... Why was he known to attend Dar Al Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, VA, for many years (this mosque also known to be a stronghold of the "Islamic Brotherhood" militant organization)? Why was he in full Islamic garb yesterday morning before he went on post to kill US Army personell? Why was he being reprimanded for his remarks if he had no religious preference? HE LIED WHEN HE SAID HE HAD NO RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE! No one would lie about a thing like that if they were sincere in their pursuit of a career in the US Army. This looks more like an attempt to "fly under the radar." Why would he want to do that? Well, he was able to interview the soldiers returning from the theaters of operations, learn what they feared, how they operated, and "how these things made them feel." AND HE HAD A SECURITY CLEARANCE THAT ALLOWED HIM TO LEARN INFORMATION ABOUT HOW OPERATIONS WERE CONDUCTED. If he was such a strong supporter of the opposition, what are the chances that he really kept what he learned to himself, instead of passing along that information to our enemies? Was he more upset that he would no longer be able to gather information, and thus chose to take out as many of our soldiers as he could since he would no longer be gathering intelligence type information from the comfort of his cushy office? First hand accounts state that he was chanting "Allahu Akbar!" as he was firing. I would like to know if he made a martyr video...

Now... I've thrown a lot of information out there that may cause some of you to say: "Where did Mike get all of this?" Well, I've still got my contacts... I received a copy of his DA FORM 4037 (Officer Record Brief) late last night from someone that I contacted at about 19.30H. This same person gave me the information regarding the fact that both of his parents were from Palestine. The US Army had already determined this to be the case, and it was also contained in the obituaries of his parents from 1998 and 2001. If you would like a copy to read for yourself, send me a private message.

I thought people might like to know this information, especially since you will likely never see this in the mainstream media's reports. They will just paint him as someone pushed over the edge by the stresses of his job, not the Jihadi that he actually was.

-Mike
For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Postby TacticaLogic » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:47 pm

And by the way:
Killed:

Michael Grant Cahill, 62, of Spokane, Wash., was a physician's assistant who was working on the post as a contracted civilian

Reservist John Gaffaney, 56, of Sierra Messa, Calif.

Spc. Jason Dean Hunt, 22, of Tipton, Okla.

Sgt. Amy Krueger, 29, of Kiel, Wis.

Aaron Thomas Nemelka, 19, of West Jordan, Utah, was killed.

PFC Michael Pearson, 21, of Bolingbrook, Ill.

Russell Seager, 51, of Racine, Wis.

Francheska Velez, 21, of Chicago. She was pregnant.

Spc. Kham Xiong, 23, of St. Paul, Minn.

Wounded:

Amber Bahr, 19, of Random Lake, Wis., was shot in the stomach.

Keara Bono, 21, of Independence, Mo., was shot in the back left shoulder.

Alan Carroll, 20, of Bridgewater, N.J., was shot three times.

Dorothy "Dorrie" Carskadon of Rockford, Ill., was critically injured.

Staff Sgt. Joy Clark, 27, of Des Moines suffered a gunshot wound

Spc. Matthew Cook, 30, of Binghamton, N.Y., was shot in the abdomen

Pvt. Joey Foster, 21, of Ogden, Utah, was shot in the hip

Nathan Hewitt of West Lafayette, Ind.

Justin Johnson, 21, of Punta Gorda, Fla., was shot in the chest and leg.

Staff. Sgt. Alonzo Lunsford, of Richmond County, N.C., was shot multiple times.

Reserve Spc. Grant Moxon, 23, of Lodi, Wis., was shot in the leg.

Kimberly Munley of Killeen is the Fort Hood civilian police officer who was shot multiple times by the suspect. She fired the rounds that took the shooter out of the fight.

Maj. Randy Royer of Dothan, Ala., was shot.

Pvt. Raymondo "Ray" Saucedo, 26, of Greenville, Mich., had a bullet graze his arm.

George Stratton III, 18, of Post Falls, Idaho, was shot in the shoulder.

THESE PEOPLE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS DEPLOYMENT ORDERS. THEY WERE TARGETS OF OPPORTUNITY.

And this little tid-bit from Jihad Watch: A coincidence? You decide...

-Mike

TacticaLogic

Postby TacticaLogic » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:57 pm

And CarlS...

It wasn't my intention to hijack your thread. I'm sorry. I'm just really angry right now. I've just spent the last three days in a "Tactical Anatomy" class and a "Tactical Treatment of Gun Shot Wounds" class... When I heard about this occurring, I had just been through 16 hours (did 8 more hours today) of ballistics videos, autopsy videos and graphics, shot placement theory, and Tactical Field Care of wounded while under fire. So... When I heard 12 dead and 31 wounded, all of this popped right into my head. It's very different looking at this stuff graphically and working scenarios (including simulations) than it is reading it in the paper. All I could think about was what these folks endured and what a low life, cowardly scum bag this guy is...

Now, the family of this scum bag is protraying him as the "victim", so I thought a list of the actual victims would be appropriate.

You are absolutely correct regarding how the media handles firearms related stories.

Regards,
Mike

TacticaLogic

Postby TacticaLogic » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:55 pm

The handgun used was a FN 5.7. A range in the Ft . Hood area advised he went through 400 rounds last week during his routine practice. Kind of sounds like he had been working up to this... Not just a case of someone "snapping."

-Mike
Last edited by TacticaLogic on Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TacticaLogic

Postby TacticaLogic » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:07 pm

Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists

I bet we hardly hear any of this on our side of the pond... Check this out from The Telegraph, one of U.K.'s newspapers:

As I stated earlier, our media will just try to excuse his actions due to "fatigue/stress" when it is much more likely that he finally decided that he needed to kill some "infidels." If we do not hear of what has been found in his quarters and on his computer within a short period of time, I personally believe that it will be because the findings will indicate his Jehadi mentality and that authorities will believe that revealing this information would cause Americans in general to view all Muslims as potential Jehadis. Islam - the religion of peace... Yeah, right...

BTW: Notice the article mentions the mosque to which I referred in a previous post. They got the city wrong (it is Falls Church, not Great Falls) but the mosque correct.

-Mike

TacticaLogic

Postby lilredhunter » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:50 pm

When I heard about this I was instantly angered. Then I read the info Mike dropped on us, I am angered even more. The fact that this guy was able to pull this off and the gubment knew he had problems and too many red flags were raised. This guy should have been kicked out . Ok I am going to stop now because I can feel my self getting even angryer (if that is a word) as I type.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Postby redbarron06 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:22 pm

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Postby TacticaLogic » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:51 pm

RedBarron6, I don't have a link for the range time...

This information came from the brother-in-law of one of the two range owners last night. He advised that Hasan was a regular, and that he had gone through the 400 rounds I mentioned previously. His brother-in-law also advised that Hasan like to shoot out to 100 yards with the 5.7, and was fairly well accomplished with it. Judging from the number of killed and wounded, I would say he was no novice behind the trigger.

Now, I'm not very familiar with the 5.7, other than glancing over the pictures of it in the gun mags. (I just didn't personally care to read an article about a gun that costs as much as the 5.7 does, when there are so many others I would rather have at a lower price in a different caliber.) But, based upon the "bottle neck" cartridge and the 5.7mm projectile, I would guess that it would be a flat shooter and would easily be able to make 100 yard hits without a serious "holdover."

I know that the statements regarding him being a "regular" at the range, his firing 400 rounds, and his 100 yard shooting would be considered "hearsay" in a court of law... But I do trust the individual that passed this information along. Had it been someone I didn't know, I would have never repeated it.

Perhaps we will see this information made public in the near future... We can only hope that this entire incident is investigated properly and that folks that decided to ignore the problem or pass the buck get called on it. If I can spot something to further verify these statements (outside of further conversations with the range owner's brother-in-law) I will it here as soon as I can get to the keyboard.

-Mike

TacticaLogic

Return to Media Misinformation & Reports