[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - NO FIREARMS IN JONNY'S SPORTS BAR-SCENE OF MURDER

NO FIREARMS IN JONNY'S SPORTS BAR-SCENE OF MURDER

Report instances of news media reports and misinformation. Also, in this area, post copies of "letters to the editors" that have been sent in reply so that others may do likewise.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

NO FIREARMS IN JONNY'S SPORTS BAR-SCENE OF MURDER

Postby ngoeser » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:44 pm

Well look what I found today from a liberal writer here in Nashville. He emailed the Restaurant/Bar where my husband "Ben" was murdered (Jonny's Sports Bar-Nashville) and asked them (Jonny) if they would allow permitted gun owners to carry there now that HB0962 has become Law. They said no. So now this guy is trying to make it look like.....oh, well Ms. Nikki you could not have saved him anyway! See see see see you could not carry your gun there anyway so your point is void. He even says that there is NO WAY that I could have reacted in enough time. I was there, I know the time frame and I am telling you I believe I could have reacted in enough time. The guy even thinks that I would have to have a safety on my gun....why in the world would he think that? Obviously he knows nothing of carrying a weapon for self defense.
Have fun with him guys......

http://insidetreyshead.blogspot.com/
ngoeser

Re: NO FIREARMS IN JONNY'S SPORTS BAR-SCENE OF MURDER

Postby KevinMcCauley » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Hold on, let me check something...nope, no safety on my .327. Just pull, aim, pull...

Sorry to hear that Nikki. Maybe when he realizes that he is losing business while other business are gaining he will reconsider...
"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."
- Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas

"I don’t want people in my bar not drinking."- Adam Dread
KevinMcCauley

Postby backwoodsman » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:23 pm

well if you still continue with that business, you know you dont want to work there!, and it's good to know, we need a list,and to keep it updated of all the business's who will not get any of our money, and to jonny, your a gutless pig,traitor to your country ,greedy,heartless punk.
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Benjamin Franklin
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus (Roman Senator)

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby ngoeser » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Last edited by ngoeser on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ngoeser

Postby photoguy67 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:33 pm

I think it will be interesting to see if he posts a "legal" sign.
Billy
photoguy67

Postby KevinMcCauley » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:02 pm

"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."

KevinMcCauley

Postby backwoodsman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:31 pm

hell I'll call him and give him my two cents worth, i aint afraid of these yahoo's , yeah, I'll call.and then let you know what he said
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Benjamin Franklin
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus (Roman Senator)

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby ngoeser » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Last edited by ngoeser on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ngoeser

Postby KevinMcCauley » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Hum...doesn't sound like a place I want to frequent, armed or unarmed.

KevinMcCauley

Postby C. Richard Archie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:07 pm

I would think that letters and e-mails to the owners would be a better idea than a lot of people showing up for conversation. I can just imagine the media's take on that.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby ngoeser » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:14 am

I gotta stop reading these blogs written by hard core Liberals. It is starting to just add to my grief. The Restaurant Carry Law and 2nd Amendment Rights in general are a very personal thing for me. I feel like I want to throw up everytime I hear someone say....Oh well, that Restaurant Carry Law is so stupid! Then of course I have to tell them what happened to my husband and bring it all back up in my mind and I can't do that without seeing my husband dead infront of me and the horror of what that looked like. If any of these people went through what I went through they might understand why I feel the way I do. But most people are so far removed from this kind of thing that they have no clue. They all live in their perfect little happy world and nothing of this magnitude has ever occured to them so it is very easy to sit back and poke at me and call those that support this Law "Gun slinging Rednecks". I have heard it all. It does bother me. I am not some uneducated idiot and neither are the rest of you. Not that I have to prove anything but.....I graduated with a 3.78 gpa and I have my Bachelors Degree in Psychology. I have worked in the Corporate world since 2000. I have had PROPER firearms training and probably more training than most. It's bothersome to me that I have to EXPLAIN myself to any of these critical people. I am dealing with ENOUGH right now. I guess I have nobody to blame other than myself for answering these kind of people. I just want people to UNDERSTAND. I don't think they will really understand until something horrible happens to them too, which I hope never does. I am trying to make sure it never does or at least give them a chance. Below is my last response to the liberal writer "Trey".

Hi Trey,
Because there is a pending case please understand that I cannot go into details of the case. I can't tell you where I was or where Hank was or where Ben was or anything of that nature "right now". I have to make sure that my husband gets the justice he deserves and that this evil man is put away for what will be hopefully FOREVER. I will be more than happy to answer these types of questions "after" the trial and after if any appeals are made. I am not trying to be difficult in any way and believe me....I would LOVE to share this information but I simply can't right now. I know that you understand even though you & I don't agree on the Restaurant Carry Law, you are a human being and I take it you are a caring human being and would also want this evil man put away if he had done this to someone you love dearly. I can tell you that my gun "would" have been on my hip. I carry a Smith & Wesson .38 Airweight Revolver and it does NOT have a safety. It is not required to. You simply pull the trigger and it goes off. Revolvers are the MOST reliable firearm that you can buy because they generally do not jam ever. The only reason it would jam is if you have ammo that is warped. I check all of my ammo prior to loading my weapon---> .38 Special Hornady Critical Defense 110 gr FTX. I can't tell you exactly what the crowd was like around the shooter but I can tell you that If I had had my firearm with me I would have been right beside my husband and I feel I could have made the shot/shots at close range without harming others. I would NEVER take a shot if I felt that it was risking innocent lives---EVER. I would have died before I would let that happen. Look, I don't want to be a hero. I am just one little lady who wishes she could have saved her husband. That's all. The guilt and the heartache that I feel right now is something that I know you can't really understand because you have never had to deal with it. To know that my gun was locked in my car and that I could have done something to stop this and not being able to is torture. I come home to an empty house without the fun filled life that Ben always had here. I would come home from work and Ben would have all the lights on, southern rock would be playing, he would be cooking or playing with the dogs. It was wonderful coming home to him. This sorrow I would not wish on you Trey or anyone for that matter. I know you don't agree with me on this whole gun law thing and that is okay. I respect that. You have a right to your opinion just as I do. I am not trying to make you wrong or criticize you for your blog, I just wish for you to see my side of this, that's all. I want people to realize that crime DOES happen in Restaurants that serve alcohol and I am living proof. I don't want evil people taking good people's lives (wishful thinking I know). I want people to be able to protect themselves from people that mean to kill for no good reason at all other than killing. I still believe that only law abiding citizens will honor a gun free zone. Therefore only non-law abiding people will be armed in a gun free zone. That creates a situation where innocent people are sitting ducks for bad guys who could care less about the law. Please lookup The Luby's Cafeteria Shootings online. This will help you understand why it is so important for "good guys" to be armed in Gun Free Zones. If stricter gun laws make us more safe then why is the D.C. area the highest in murders and gun crimes right now? There are no guns allowed there. Why? Because the bad guys have the guns and are the ones killing--->innocent people.

Nikki
ngoeser

Postby David Lewis » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:49 am

Nikki--

I've told you this before:

I've very sorry for the tragedy you've faced, but am incredibly proud of you for speaking with the heartfelt eloquence
that you bring to this arena, as you stand up not only for your rights, but mine, and everyone else's, too.

Thank you again.

David
David Lewis

Postby 1gewehr » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 am

Perhaps the saddest part of the whole handgun carry issue is that it often takes an incident of the most heart-wrenching sorrow to make believers of some people. Nikki, you and many other people have been incredibly brave and rational in circumstances that leave most people helpless with sorrow, fury, and despair.

I have to ask, but if such an incident happens in a place placarded against legal carry, can a suit be brought against the owners of the place? It seems that denying someone the basic right of self-defense should carry consequences. Now, I fully support the right of individual property owners to set whatever rules they desire. But, there are consequences to poor judgment. And denying self-defense to someone is certainly about as poor a judgement as one can have.

I'm sure that other states have seen this issue time and again. does anyone know what the outcome was? It seems that a couple of civil-suit awards would certainly be discouraging to the misguided.
Nemo me impune lacessit
1gewehr

Postby ngoeser » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:39 am

Last edited by ngoeser on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ngoeser

Postby ngoeser » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:47 am

Oh yea......and to add furthur to my point.....Had there been a good citizen that was permitted and carrying in Jonny's the night my husband was gunned down and if they had been able to shoot and kill that evil man before he took my husband's life, believe you me, I would be backing that person 100%+ for saving Ben. I would be screaming at the top of every mountain "This person should be honored for saving my husband!" I would go to court and fight for that person every single day if I had to. I would proudly do that and I know MANY MANY MANY other people would also. I am not one to break the law but.....when a law is incredibly STUPID and creates people in body bags......you get it? I know you do. Just keep up the good fight. Eventually more and more people will "get it" like we do.
ngoeser

Postby ProguninTN » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 am

Private property owners do not need search warrants. Their legal grounds can be admission-either you submit to the search or you don't come in. If you refuse to leave, you may be charged with criminal trespass. (I have some experience in these matters as a Licensed Security Officer.) Anyways, I do agree that businesses banning guns should be held liable for actions occurring on their property. Perhaps, McClung v. Delta Ltd. may apply ?
ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Postby ngoeser » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:24 am

It may also be nice if John Harris could issue a letter to Jonny from TFA telling Jonny why "posting" is a bad idea.
ngoeser

Postby bill9755 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Nikki, As I said to you at the meeting Tuesday night, In all the years of playing music in clubs, lounges, and restaurants, I never met a manager or owner that cared about anything but their bottom line. They will not do anything as for as putting up a sign because they don't want the public to remember the bad stuff that happens there. It might keep people from coming in and spending their money.
Bill Sanders

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

John Wayne as John Bernard Books (The Shootist)
bill9755

Return to Media Misinformation & Reports