SC TFA Members Testify in Nashville

Report instances of news media reports and misinformation. Also, in this area, post copies of "letters to the editors" that have been sent in reply so that others may do likewise.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

SC TFA Members Testify in Nashville

Postby Pat McGarrity » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Please join me in thanking Shelby County TFA Members Sam Cooper and Kenny Crenshaw for investing their time and money to go to Nashville to testify for the rights of employees to keep weapons in their cars at work. As always, we need to thank TFA Executive Director, John Harris, for the tremendous amount of time he spends at the capital working for progress on our gun bills.

All three received attention from the rabidly anti-gun, Communist Appeal:

www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/apr/ ... advocates/

The best the FedEx lobbyist could come up with to rationalize their policy was a 1994 hijack attempt that did not involve firearms:

"He told the committee of the 1994 hijacking of a FedEx aircraft "by a disgruntled employee" while in flight in which three crew members "were savagely beaten ... and will never be able to fly again."

Well done Sam and Kenny!

From Sam:

Pat,

Kenny and I went to Nashville to support HB 1395, the bill that would allow permit holders to keep their weapons in their vehicles while at work on their employers parking lot.

We met with Joshua Evans the sponsor of the bill for about 30 minutes prior to the committee hearing. Kenny and I both addressed the committee as did John Harris. Also there were speakers opposed to the bill. Those were primarily paid lobbyists from Federal Express and others. I am going to try to put a link here to the video of the committee hearing. If this works, you can scroll down to HB 1395 on the agenda and the video will forward to where this bill is discussed.

The video will speak for itself. I will only add that while we did not WIN, neither did we loose. The bill was rolled to Summer Study Committee where it will be discussed and we could have further opportunities to go again and support this bill.

http://tnga.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.ph ... ip_id=1036

I hope this works

Sam Cooper
Pat McGarrity

Return to Media Misinformation & Reports