LTE Response to CA Propaganda

Report instances of news media reports and misinformation. Also, in this area, post copies of "letters to the editors" that have been sent in reply so that others may do likewise.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

LTE Response to CA Propaganda

Postby Pat McGarrity » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:43 pm

To my surprise, the Communist Appeal has published several of my letters over the years. The truth may hurt too bad in this one to print all, or even part of it. We will see.... Isn't the First Amendment grand?

In Liberty,

Pat

Dear Editor:

Your “Armed and dangerous: Dozens with violent histories received handgun carry permits” article from March 12, 2009 is long on supposition and short on sources to support your accusations.

According to your own numbers, that would mean that, “as many as” (what does that mean, are you not sure of your figures?) 70 out of 32,000 permit holders in Shelby County may have felony records; or .2 of 1%. So the CA advocates punishing the 99.8% of us that are not criminals? That’s not very democratic. You are lumping a large, soon to be very small, portion of your subscribers, that are innocent and law abiding, in with criminals because of your bias and bigotry against those of us that choose to take responsibility for our own safety. Shouldn’t your criticism be directed at the Tennessee Department of Safety, which administers the permit program, and is under the leadership of a Democrat administration in the Governor’s office?

In one of the few sources you do site, you quote the rabidly anti-gun Brady Campaign, which has a serious credibility problem. Their leader, the high priestess of gun grabbers herself, Sarah Brady, not only admitted to making an illegal straw purchase of a gun, she wrote about it in her own book. She did not have her son’s background checked, as required by Delaware State law, when she bought him a .30-06 rifle for Christmas in 2000. In typical “do as I say, not as I do” hypocrite-elitist fashion, Mrs. Brady escaped being prosecuted for her crime.

Editor Chris Peck has put his prejudice of gun owners ahead of what’s in the best business interest of the CA and its employees that may, or may not, agree with his emotion based, leftist views. So far, Mr. Peck has stuck to his guns (couldn’t resist the pun) in his jihad against gun owners, despite your many cancellations of subscriptions. While I support Mr. Peck’s right to his opinion, I must caution you that his actions are having a detrimental effect on the cat-boxes and birdcages of the Mid-South.

“The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824.

In Liberty,

Pat McGarrity
Director – Shelby County Tennessee Firearms Association
Bartlett, TN 38134
Day/Night Phone: 901-***-****

http://www.tennesseefirearms.com
Pat McGarrity

Return to Media Misinformation & Reports