Fox News - Not so fair and balanced

Report instances of news media reports and misinformation. Also, in this area, post copies of "letters to the editors" that have been sent in reply so that others may do likewise.

Moderator: C. Richard Archie

Fox News - Not so fair and balanced

Postby Tim Nunan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:59 pm

During the Fox news report last night, 30 Oct 2008, was a misrepresentation of the Presidential candidates positions on gun control.

Stating what Obama has said in speeches that he supports the 2nd Amendment means he is no threat to gun ownership isn't reporting. That was a soft ball presentation covering Mr. Obama's voting history. There is public record of how Obama has voted against gunowners in the state senate. There are numerous examples of Obama declaring his desire to control guns.

It appears that the rumors are correct and FOX owner, Rupert Murdock, has decided to go soft on Obama.

So much for fair and balanced.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Re: Fox News - Not so fair and balanced

Postby jarhead » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm

From what I've heard and read, Obama's position is that he is not against "hunters and hunting." I read this as he willl attempt to ban everything but high-dollar over and under shotguns. There will be a new weapons legislation as the gun-grabbers will never be content with military-type weapons in the hands of the people. They will also go after ammo. Just look at California and remember that most of CA's garbage (read whacko laws and regs) tends to eventually move east across America.
The only hope we have now is the power of the Senate filabuster. Get on your knees and thank God for forty seats in the Senate.

jmo
The LORD [is] on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? -- Psalm 118:6
jarhead

Postby Tim Nunan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:04 pm

There are plenty of RINO's there too so don't feel too safe.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Postby jarhead » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:57 pm

Agreed.

We are in for a struggle. Copied this from a post on Subguns with the link:

http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.
The LORD [is] on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? -- Psalm 118:6
jarhead

Return to Media Misinformation & Reports