[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - EBR in .308

EBR in .308

Everything from shooting, to investing to fixing them

Moderator: tnroadrunner

EBR in .308

Postby C. Richard Archie » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:59 pm

Looked in the back seat of the pickup, and low and behold, this cute little number had followed me home, Armalite AR 10A4.

I pleaded with Mom, and she finally agreed to let me keep it.

Notice the rocking horse in the photo, that goes with my second grand daughter, Madeline.

Any way, I can't let the poor thing stay all undressed, it needs a FF front tube, maybe a new stock, and I have to stress a little over the type of sights, but I suspect with the accuracy potential, it will wind up wearing an optic of some type.

Of course there are dies and trimmer heads to be added to the bench, already have some once fired Lake City cases in route. Hope to have her up and running in a few weeks, work and life allowing.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Re: EBR in .308

Postby David Lewis » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:24 am

No doubt Madeline is dancing for joy at the new toy Grandaddy got for her!!!

David
David Lewis

Postby C. Richard Archie » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:13 am

Here she is with a few add ons.

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby johnharris » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:52 am

Now, that addition to the family looks like it is being outfitted with a purpose in life.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby fl0at » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:38 am

fl0at

Postby C. Richard Archie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Final add, (well, I may change out the scope mounting system and go to a GG&G Scout Rail and medium height rings) but, as far as major hardware, she is now ready to go!

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby C. Richard Archie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:16 pm

Finally got a chance to get the new rifle sighted in and test a few loads. I think it likes the 165 HPBT Sierra Game Kings pretty well. LC brass, 9 1/2 Rem. primers Win 748 powder.

Dialing in the scope, 10 rounds:

5 round group fired for effect:

These groups at 100 yards, need to check out 2 and 300 yards next.

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Postby C. Richard Archie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Not being a fan of two stage triggers, I ordered and installed a JP Enterprises Fire Control System w/Speed Hammer. I included a set of oversize anti-rotation trigger and hammer pins to the install.

If it was not blowing a gale here this afternoon, I would trot her out to the range and see if the upgrade is all that, but as it is pretty messy outside, I guess the try out will have to wait till next week.

TFA/NRA Life Member
C. Richard Archie

Return to Rifles