[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Ruger Mini 14

Ruger Mini 14

Everything from shooting, to investing to fixing them

Moderator: tnroadrunner

Ruger Mini 14

Postby KevinMcCauley » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:54 pm

Anyone own one? I just bought one a few months back. The price was so great I couldn't pass it up, even though I have read mixed things about them regarding accuracy. I wasn't too familiar with .223 but I like it a lot. There is barely any recoil so followup shots are far more accurate than with an AK or similiar rifle, in my experience anyway. I got mine for less than $500 and have seen them in stores for over $700.
Attachments
my_ruger.jpg
my_ruger.jpg (38.61 KiB) Viewed 5638 times
"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."
- Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas

"I don’t want people in my bar not drinking."- Adam Dread
KevinMcCauley

Re: Ruger Mini 14

Postby johnharris » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:05 pm

Nice, very reliable and proven weapon.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby David Lewis » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Great little guns. I've owned 2 or 3 over the years, & though I've sold or traded them, I would
not hesitate to get another one. That Choate stock on yours is very comfortable to shoot, &
handles well (one of mine had one, too). See if you can find a folding stock for it. Makes a
nice, compact package.

In my experience, the only problem with them was getting quality 20 or 30 round magazines.
I prefer factory mags, especially for the Mini-14. The late Bill Ruger Sr would not sell them to
the general public, so they were hard to find, and expensive when you did find them. Now that
he's gone, that policy is gone, too, and mags are easier to get.

You should enjoy it!

Regards,

David
David Lewis

Postby wlhawk » Sun May 03, 2009 9:15 am

I got a Ruger Mini 14 in 6.8 spc last year. After breaking it in with a few trips to the range, I've been very happy with it. The magazines are the only negative point to this rifle. I've got several orders for 10 and 20 round mags at ProMag and hope to receive them this month.
wlhawk

Postby KevinMcCauley » Mon May 04, 2009 9:16 am

"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."
- Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas

"I don’t want people in my bar not drinking."- Adam Dread
KevinMcCauley

Postby wlhawk » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:58 pm

The 10 and 20 round mags(6.8 mm) have worked well in my mini 14. The first time I fired them, one of them didn't feed every round. After leaving the mags loaded to capacity over night, they all functioned properly.
wlhawk

Postby tnxdshooter » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
Carry gun 1: Springfield XD 40 4" Stainless Bi-tone
tnxdshooter

Postby David Lewis » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 am

David Lewis

Return to Rifles