Change with DST in Oct!

Handgun for sport, self-defense and hunting. Anything on handguns is fair game.

Moderator: tnroadrunner

Change with DST in Oct!

Postby bobsguns » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Many of us have heard about changing the batteries in our smoke detectors in Oct. with daylight savings time, but how many of us also change out our carry ammo too? Primers don't last forever when exposed to gun lubricants & there's nothing worse than having silence when one pulls the tigger, not to mention dangerous.

So change out your carry ammo & remind your buddies to do the same! :!:
bobsguns

Re: Change with DST in Oct!

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:43 am

I change mine out at a minimum once a month. I also want to know that my magazines are functioning correctly, so I shoot my weapons to make sure everything is ready to go!
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Re: Change with DST in Oct!

Postby lilredhunter » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:23 pm

I know this is a pretty old thread but I wantd to jump on it and remind everyone to change out their ammo. I try to change mine out monthly. I will shoot the ammo I have been carrying so as not to have the old ammo laying around. For myself shooting the ammo up is the safest way to dispose of it , atleast for me since I do not reload. This keeps my mags working properly, disposes of the older ammo,gives me a chance to practice a little. So just a little reminder to change out your ammo on a egular basis to insure that you have good fresh ammo when you need it. I am not an expert and I don't play one on the internet nor on TV. I just want to be sure wen I need it I have fresh ammo when the time comes.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Return to Handguns