[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Handguns made in Tennessee

Handguns made in Tennessee

Handgun for sport, self-defense and hunting. Anything on handguns is fair game.

Moderator: tnroadrunner

Handguns made in Tennessee

Postby vinnyfalcone » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:54 pm

I an considering becoming a gun owner and I was wondering in light of the new law about Tennessee made firearms, I feel I should do what I can to find a Tennessee made handgun as well as volunteer state made ammo. If I can't find one I'll look to other US made hardware.
vinnyfalcone

Re: Handguns made in Tennessee

Postby oldsmobile98 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:31 pm

Welcome!

I don't know of any handgun manufacturers in-state, but there is at least one ammo company (Tennessee Cartridge Company).

http://www.tncartridge.com/

Also, you might want to take a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2176&p=7694&hilit=sabre
oldsmobile98

Postby glenngnief » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:15 pm

You might try http://www.acgg.org/find/ If you find a TN gun maker... and need a box for it, I make custom personalized wooden gun boxes any size. http://www.treetobox.com/page/riflecases
glenngnief

Postby johnharris » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:20 am

Those are some very attractive gun cases and related items.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby backwoodsman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:41 pm

That would be a good business for Tennessee to have! however, not the case, but in considering becoming a gun owner, if you have not been around guns before I encourage you to take as many classes as possible, then go to a range and rent different guns to find what suits you and your needs, and of course to join TFA. Safe Shooting
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Benjamin Franklin
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus (Roman Senator)

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby Lemonhead » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:23 pm

in Winchester will be producing some very nice 1911's in the next few months. Starting price $1700. I had the pleasure of firing off a few rounds from one of their prototypes a couple weeks ago, very nice and accurate.
Lemonhead

Postby tnxdshooter » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Predator Custom Shop in Knoxville sells hand made and hand fitted 1911. It shows the price on em at 650.00

http://www.predatorcustomshop.com
Crossville, TN
NRA Member
TN HCP holder
Carry gun 1: Springfield XD 40 4" Stainless Bi-tone
tnxdshooter

Postby lilredhunter » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:09 pm

There is a place in Franklin that is building their own 1911's.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Postby David Lewis » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:27 pm

David Lewis

Postby lilredhunter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:09 am

Thank you David. I had the name on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't get it to come out.
Chris
lilredhunter

Postby lilredhunter » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:49 pm

I forgot about a manufacturer in West Tn that is making 1911's and sub 1911's. I had forgotten about them and a friend of mine reminded me. They do make a nice weapon. These are at least factory made and not a customized by someone and claiming to be made in tn.
Chris
lilredhunter

Return to Handguns