[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - 9/13 Corker and the TFLAC e-mail

9/13 Corker and the TFLAC e-mail

The place to discuss state and local election issues.

9/13 Corker and the TFLAC e-mail

Postby SomeGuy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:51 pm

J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Corker vs Ford

Postby BulletBillSR » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:41 am

BulletBillSR

Postby lassante » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:05 pm

lassante

Postby SomeGuy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:49 pm

J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Postby lassante » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:08 am

lassante

Postby SomeGuy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:34 pm

J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Postby BulletBillSR » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:36 pm

[quote="lassante"]

Actually, Ford has a "B" rating from the NRA this year.

I'm a liberal Democrat, much more so than Ford on his best day. I personally know Ford and know him to be a moderate, pragmatic politician.
Regardless of your preference, everyone needs to vote. TN has one of the LOWEST percentages of registered voters in the nation.
-L

According to Chris Cox, the NRA/PVF, Ford has an "F" rating on NRA issues. The only place I have seen a "B" rating for Ford was when he claimed it for himself. Since the NRA says he has an "F" that seems more plausible.

Yes, Ford is a pragmatist, which mean that he is favoring the practical approach, e.g., what wins, as opposed to a true commitment to the Second Amendment. His voting record clearly shows he was anti gun until he realized it wouldn't sell in Tennessee.

I've met Harold Ford Jr., and he could charm your socks off. But that doesn't change his voting record. I was present at a meeting with HFJr in Knoxville some six years ago when he was testing the waters for a senate run. He said the only reason he hadn't joined the NRA was because no one had ever asked him. The NRA rep at the meeting gave him an application but I would doubt he ever joined. This was before he became "Pragmatic," meaning he was taking the position that being anti gun doesn't play in Tennessee.

Since you say you are a more liberal Democrat than HFJr; that pretty much says it all. You are going to vote for Ford because he is a liberal democrat. While I do tend to be a single issue voter (Second Amednment) I am also concerned with what will happen with the appointments to the Supreme Court should the demoncrats(sic) regain control of congress.

I'm getting a bit tired of listening to people who thing English should be a second language, that we should give citizenship to illegal aliens who jumped the border and our immigration laws, and those who don't seem to understand the dangers of Islamofascism. That's the "liberal wing" of the Demoncratic(sic) party led by Howard Dean, Nancy Peolosi, Harry Reid and those barking moonbats, Cindy Sheehan and Rosie O'Donnell.

I do agree that gun owners need to get out and vote. They are without a doubt the most ignorant group of people I have run into when it comes to politics. I've worked gun shows for TFA in Knoxville for the past 10 years and found that most don't have a clue who their state representative or senator is, what district they vote in (since they haven't voted), or who their federal represtantives or senators are.

My bets are on on Corker, who may not be the best choice but, as I've noted before, the last guy I voted for because I thought he would be a good president was Eisenhower and most gun owners don't even remember the guy. He was the guy who kicked the German's ass in WWII and later became president, albeit it, not a very good one. One of those cases were the lesser of two evils wasn't a great choice but better than the alternative.

Most of us will vote for our personal choice and I doubt few who read this site will be swayed. They will either agree or disagree but they will vote. Now it's time to go back to the relaoding bench, as I'm about out of .45s, .308, and .223s.

BulletBillSR
BulletBillSR

Postby lassante » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:41 pm

lassante

Postby lassante » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:48 pm

lassante

Candidates

Postby ProguninTN » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:15 am

ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Return to Election 2006