[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Owl Hollow Gun Club, Franklin Tennessee

Owl Hollow Gun Club, Franklin Tennessee

Gun clubs, gun ranges, and other opportunities to shoot in Tennessee

Owl Hollow Gun Club, Franklin Tennessee

Postby Ed__357 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:27 pm

I was just browsing through the list of ranges and clubs, and noticed my preferred shooting location was not listed. I thought it was at some time, but I could be wrong or maybe it got deleted for some reason.

Anyway, there is an old rustic Range about 10 minutes south of Franklin Tennessee. It is a gun club which has its own range and facilities. You must be a club member to shoot, or you can come as a guest as long as you're with a club member.

The range is located on Owl Hollow Rd, just off Highway 431. It's located about 10 minutes from Franklin, 35 minutes from Nashville, 40 minutes from Murfreesboro, 20 minutes from Columbia.

The Owl Hollow Gun Club and Range has a website located at: http://www.owlhollowgunclub.org/

You can learn more about the range and obtain membership info as well.

Current membership is $40.00 per year and it allows you to shoot anytime you want. No additional fees. You can't beat the price.

There is a pistol area which allows shooting at any distance from 50 feet or less.

The rifle area has berms and target holders at 25 yards, 50 yards, and 100 yards.

If any of you guys are close to Franklin Tennessee and you're looking for a cheap place to shoot, you might want to check us out. Also, because we are a club and do not allow "Just Anybody" to shoot, everyone kind of knows everyone and looks out for everyone.

I've been a member there now several years, and really like shooting there.
It's best to let the world "Think" you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Ed__357

Postby reef347 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:44 pm

I went to Owl Hollow one day back in June this year. While it is nice to have an relatively free range, I did witness something there to make me never want to return. I was a guest of a member, and while the range was hot and several people were actively shooting on the rifle range, a man walked out onto the range to set up his targets only about 50 feet to the left of where we were shooting. He completely ignored our yells, didn't even give us a look! I don't know if he was deaf, drunk, or just incompetent, but that one experience is enough to make me never want to return.

I'll take the TWRA range on Hobson Pike and their $5.50 fee any day of the week over that kind of nonsense.
reef347

Postby bobsguns » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:55 am

bobsguns

Return to Places to Shoot