[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Man Shot At RangeUSA?

Man Shot At RangeUSA?

Gun clubs, gun ranges, and other opportunities to shoot in Tennessee

Man Shot At RangeUSA?

Postby Todd.Scallions » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:59 am

Over on packing.org, there was a post that stated that a man was shot and killed at RangeUSA. Apparently his bullet ricochet and struck him in the head. This was reported to have happened Tuesday, April 11th. The person that posted this information works at a local news station and says he was informed of this by a fellow employee. I have searched all of the news sites and the paper and I have been unable to find any information concerning it. Another posted that he went by the Range and there was a sign on the door they would be reopening Friday, April 14th. Has anyone here heard about this?
Who shot Nice Guy Eddie?
Todd.Scallions

Postby David » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:35 am

Apparently there is at least some truth to that. I was there yesterday and asked one of the instructors about it. He politely asked me to talk to the owners about it... Understandable.

I haven't asked yet, but I will. Since I'm new to indoor ranges I would want to know simply so I know what NOT to do in order to prevent it happening to me or someone next to me.

I'll post it here if it's ok with the owner... If I even get an answer.
David

Postby David » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:07 am

Ok, here's the deal... I have not heard back about this from the owners, but I do have some knowledge of this now.

Turns out my mother works with the mother of the guy killed there. I'm reluctant to go into too much detail, but suffice it to say it was not a ricochet, faulty equipment or the fault of Range USA.

All I can say is it was a suicide, there was a note and surveillance video of the guy turning the gun on himself.

Sad situation... But I fear it could be used to make guns and Ranges look bad.
David

Postby Todd.Scallions » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:55 am

That's what everyone over at PDO has been saying. I just didn't want something like that to cause them to close up shop. They are right down the street from me whereas Rangemaster is on the other side of the city!
Who shot Nice Guy Eddie?
Todd.Scallions

Postby David » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:42 am

Yeah, they are right down the street from me too. I like it there. Both instructors I had were very professional.

I've never really heard positive comments about Rangemaster though. I've heard they talk down to people and have crappy attitudes and that's not something I deal well with.

I doubt anything will happen to Range USA though. I mean, how can they control someone's actions like that? It was premeditated.

Next time someone hangs themself gun owners should call for a ban on rope!
David

Range USA shooting

Postby Scott Kilby » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:39 am

Thank you all for keeping an open mind about this.
"On Wednesday April 12, 2006, a young man decided to end his life on our range. It was pre-meditated and he was the only one in the range at the time. Our prayers go out to his family as they deal with their loss, pain, and questions. We pray that the Lord will give them comfort in their time of grief."
Please help us by ending the ricochet rumors and the rumors that our range is unsafe. We work very hard to provide a top notch and safe facility for you all to shoot in.
I really appreciate all your support over the years. If any of you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me - scott@rangeusa.com. Thanks again!
Scott Kilby

Postby tjbert47 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:26 pm

Scott
Thanks for keeping us posted on this issue. As far as your other request I think what you are doing will go a long way toward ending any rumors as to safety at the range.

Tom in TN
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
tjbert47

Postby alexb » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:39 pm

alexb

Postby David » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:08 am

David

Postby MitchSchaft » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:17 pm

MitchSchaft

Return to Places to Shoot