[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - unaka rod and gun club - Johnson City

unaka rod and gun club - Johnson City

Gun clubs, gun ranges, and other opportunities to shoot in Tennessee

unaka rod and gun club - Johnson City

Postby marauder » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:01 pm

marauder

Unaka rod and gun club

Postby oldgrunt » Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:34 pm

oldgrunt

Postby marauder » Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:04 pm

i got to go shoot today and it's a wonderful facility. i'm going back in the morning with my father and am planning to stay most of the day shooting various firearms. ;)
proud law abiding, gun owning citizen :)
marauder

Postby marauder » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:51 am

marauder

Postby miket55 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:04 pm

I've been a member there for several years, and you'd be hard pressed to find a better bunch of people.

If you're a shotgunner, we shoot skeet and trap on Wed. evening, Sat. afternoon, and Sun. (1-5pm).

We are currently shooting doubles trap on Monday evenings as well.
miket55

Postby marauder » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:09 pm

i've been a member for about half a year there myself. it's a great place to shoot and meet people. i'm in the process of starting a local chapter for the TFA and am going to inquire about using the clubhouse once a month to host the meetings. :)
marauder

Postby Marswolf » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:32 am

Marswolf

Postby Marswolf » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:41 am

Marswolf

Postby marauder » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:00 pm

marauder

Postby broll4u » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:05 am

broll4u

Postby marauder » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:06 am

marauder

Postby Marswolf » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:52 am

Marswolf

Postby broll4u » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:48 pm

broll4u

Postby Marswolf » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:09 am

Marswolf

Postby broll4u » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:18 pm

broll4u

I am a board member at Unaka

Postby grunt » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:14 pm

We did have to make some changes and things are getting better as we are looking at being able to expand the hours soon. Since we have placed range officers on the range it has been a much better place. People have been intentionally shooting outside of the range area.

Our range officers are all volunteers, myself included.

If you would like to get qualified as a range officer let us know as that will help us expand the hours.
grunt

Postby marauder » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:01 am

yes this is the information i've been looking for. i want to volunteer for that on wednesday evenings once work slows down. also since there are RSO;s on site is the pistol range open?
marauder

Postby Marswolf » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:51 am

Hi Grunt,

Miss seeing you over coffee on Wednesdays. Glad to hear things are doing better at Unaka. You guys put in a lot of work there and deserve a bunch of ataboys!

Unfortunately, the club as it now operates doesn't fit my schedule or way of shooting. I've talked to a number of local shooters and many of us prefer to go when there is less congestion. Shooting with a mob of folks has never been my desire, unless I'm doing something in competition.

I know the club is doing the best it can but I'll bet the membership will decline significantly with the next round of dues. Making these changes after, and not before, dues were paid has left a bad taste in the mouths of a number of members.

I still think the only solution for Unaka is to move the club to a more remote location, the way Cherokee had to move years ago. Maybe to some place with a 600 yard range. I know you jarheads like that range. 8)
Marswolf

Our plan

Postby grunt » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:54 am

is to reopen the pistol range when we get enough people to man it. At last count we had 23 range officers. Now I give a lot of time to the range but when summer comes I also like to ride my motorcycle, so I will be pulling less time there. I will still be instructing one day a month. This is also unpaid as the money goes to the club.

For people that don't like our hours, since we did change them right after dues were due we are refunding their money if they ask.

If you want to talk to me I will be at the club all day Sat the 21st. If your not a member the gate will be locked open anyway. We will be teaching a handgun permit class. Ask for Terry.

Now as for the people that are totally mad and want to go back to the way it was maybe they can sign something saying they are personally and financially responsible for any rounds that leave the range.

That is what I told a guy last week. He shut up then. Maybe I should have been more tactfull but he isn't one of the people that will be sued, I am.

We are open to any and all ideas concerning operating the range.
grunt

Postby marauder » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:26 pm

well i am one of the ones that's complaining that it needs to go back to the way it was and i already have signed a waiver that i'm fully responsible for any and all actions i commit while using the facility. i've been waiting to find out what i can do to start using the range at reasonable hours before i asked for a refund. i'll try to get over there tomorrow and talk to you a little more about it then.
marauder

Next

Return to Places to Shoot