[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Hobson Pike Range?

Hobson Pike Range?

Gun clubs, gun ranges, and other opportunities to shoot in Tennessee

Hobson Pike Range?

Postby codereddad » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:15 am

I've heard of a new range on Hobson Pike, anybody know where it is?
Thanks
codereddad

Postby Ed__357 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:22 pm

Yes, from Murfreesboro Rd, take Hobson Pike. Right before you approach the bridge over Priest Lake, the range will be on the right. You can't miss it, it's a really big layout. There is a gate at the entrance. However, last time I was out that way, the place was not yet open for business. They have had a lot of legal problems and have dragged their feet on getting it open. I have not heard anything about the place in a long time, so I don't know if it's open yet or not. Perhaps if you should go out there, you could post a reply on this board and tell us what you find out.
It's best to let the world "Think" you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Ed__357

Hobson Pike?

Postby codereddad » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:35 pm

Thanks for the info Ed, I will check it out.
KJ
codereddad

My visit to the Hobson Pike Range

Postby Digger54 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:26 pm

My son and I visited the Range on Hobson Pike, TWRA's Stones River range. I think the place is officially called the Stones River Fireams (or Hunter) education facility.

The place really impressed me. Helpful, courteous staff at the sign in area as well as on the range. Tidy, well built facilities with heavy wooden benches to shoot from. Adjustable seating for the left hand or right hand shooter. Seat hight also adjustable. Lots of stations to shoot from. There were a lot of people waiting for the place to open Sunday afternoon, but there was room to accomodate them all.

Fifty foot pistol on out to 200 yard rifle ranges.

$4.50 fee per person (adult) was good for 2 hour on the range. Safety was paramount at check in as well as on the range.

My son shot his new Ruger .17HMR and I shot my Bushmaster .223. Both of us were setting up scopes and were in good shape out to 100 yds. I've got to try out that 200 yarder next time.
Digger54

Return to Places to Shoot