[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - June Knoxville TFA Chapter meeting, Tuesday, June i, 2010

June Knoxville TFA Chapter meeting, Tuesday, June i, 2010

Knoxville, Knox County and regional chapter. One of TFA's oldest chapters and perhaps the oldest chapter in East Tennessee.

Moderators: BulletBillSR, cajunman

June Knoxville TFA Chapter meeting, Tuesday, June i, 2010

Postby BulletBillSR » Sun May 23, 2010 11:13 pm

TENNESSEE FIREARMS ASSOCIATION KNOXVILLE CHAPTER

THE JUNE MEETING WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY EVENING JUNE 1, 2010

Our guest speaker will be: Lt. Gov. & candidate for Governor; Ron Ramsey.

In view of the potential for a larger than normal group please
e mail or call Charlie if you plan to attend as we may need to request more space in the restaurant.

Monthly meetings are held at the Gondolier restaurant in South Knoxville, on Chapman Highway in the Lowe’s plaza. Please note that the gratuity is automatically added to your check and firearms are still prohibited since Gov. Bredesen chose veto recent legislation that would have permitted it.
A pre-meeting social hour is from 6 PM to 7 pm during which you may wish to eat dinner. The meeting will begin at 7 PM and end at 8 PM. Participation by those in attendance is always encouraged.

Gun owners, persons involved in the shooting sports, Second Amendment supporters and interested public are urged to attend, YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A MEMBER TO ATTEND. For more information contact:
Bill Noll; wsnoll@comcast.net 865-688-0321 or
Charlie Thoms; Cthoms43@aol.com 865-233-4561
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TFA Websites:
http://www.tennesseefirearms.com
http://www.tfaonline.org/memberforum - open to the public, good discussions
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“That the citizens of the State have a right to keep and bear arms for the common defense, but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime.” Tennessee Constitution, Article 1-Declaration of Rights, section 26
BulletBillSR

Re: June Knoxville TFA Chapter meeting, Tuesday, June i, 2010

Postby macville » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:53 pm

How did the meeting go? My wife reminded me of it right as it started and we live 30 minutes away, so didn't get to come meet Ramsey.

Matthew
macville

Postby Tim Nunan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Did anyone ask Senator Ramsey about the chances of a "Vermont style" gun bill for Tennessee?

While I'm sure he expressed his support for the 2nd Amendment did he sound sincere overall?

Tim
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Postby TacticaLogic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Tim,

When Ramsey spoke at the Nashville Chapter meeting a couple of months ago, he told me that he was in favor of the Vermont Carry type legislation and that it was his "end goal." He is in favor of it, but understands that the reality of today's politics means we will have to get there incrementally. I truly believe him to be the best candidate we have regarding any firearms related issues...

Mike
For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Postby falcon1 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:34 pm

falcon1

Postby David Lewis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:23 pm

David Lewis

Postby C. Richard Archie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:02 pm

I have gotten to know Lt. Gov. Ramsey on a personal level over the course of the last year. I can testify that he is a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment. Ron is sincere in his support of our Right to keep and bear arms.

Not endorsing as a candidate you understand, just answering the question posed above.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby BulletBillSR » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:11 pm

The meeting with Ramsey went quite well. We had 40 people in attendance and they asked a lot of questions. Ramsey responded well to all the questions. He did nention "Vermont" carry as a later goal. On that issue, we need to be careful because, since Vermont does not issue permits, then we can only legally carry in states that do not have a permit system. Other states say they will reciprocate, but if your state doesn't issue a permit at all, then there is no reciprocity. Ramsey said the house would override Bredesen's veto later in the week and he also said there was no way we ere going to spend a lot of tax dollars on a fish hatchery up in Speaker William's district. That also did not happen.

He gave us his background, and a sample of his auctioneering manner as well as saying that the permit holders are not the problem with gun violence in the state. He said opponents of the guns/alcohol bill could not come up with ONE example from another state where a permit holder had too many drinks and misused his firearm. He pointed out that we have been eating in other restaurants that did not serve alcohol and there was not problem with permit holders.

He left us with the inpression that he firmly believes in our right to keep and bear arms. I overheard a couple of the member say, after the meeting, that they were impressed by his sincerity, knowledge of gun legislation and that they were going to vote for him. I guess one could say he was quite articulate :shock: which I think I can say without fear of being called a racist. Overall he came across quite well and the folks hung around after the meeting to talk with him.

Bill
BulletBillSR

Return to Knoxville